Urgent Network Help!

Closed
Hayden - Jun 11, 2010 at 09:41 PM
pctech Posts 7 Registration date Monday August 30, 2010 Status Member Last seen August 30, 2010 - Aug 30, 2010 at 08:30 AM
Hello,
The names Hayden.
Recently i had reinstall windows on my old windows xp home edition desktop, so I have been having a bit of network trouble. Previously and currently I am connected to a Belkin router (N+) I think and some sort of Webstar modem (If this makes any bit of a diffrence). More over the problem I have been having is connecting to the internet or the network of my home via my computer although I am currently able to access the internet through my brothers computer using the same modem. I have looked through countless amount of videos and forums about how to add my computer to the network, let alone the internet but nothing is helping. I am trying to do this all through ethernet because that is how the internet was working prior to the re installation of windows xp on my computer. You can say I'm a beginner at this computer stuff. NEED HELP CONNECTING TO NETWORK!
Thanks

1 response

pctech Posts 7 Registration date Monday August 30, 2010 Status Member Last seen August 30, 2010 4
Aug 30, 2010 at 08:30 AM
If your planning to setup wireless network using your belkin router you canm refer this, Hope this helps
http://www.mentorlog.com/2010/networking-and-wireless/setup-belkin-wireless-g-router-without-cd.html