My laptop wpont start

Closed
iana - Dec 8, 2008 at 11:40 PM
 opticalscan - Jan 16, 2009 at 04:31 AM
Hello,
I have a hp pavillon dv 6000, with windows vista.It was working properly i turned it off, the next day when i wanted to ise it it would not start up.There is that windows telling me to start windows normally or to launch start up repair..I tried both of them but nothing..i have avast antiviru....so i dont know would it be a virus or the mother board and will i lose my documents What can i do ?..please helppppppppppppp thx

1 response

TheParoxysm Posts 169 Registration date Sunday December 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2011 74
Dec 9, 2008 at 12:49 AM
If your motherboard was having issues, you wouldn't get as far as you are now without errors.
It's unlikely it was a virus. Best thing you can do is boot up from your Windows Xp cd, and choose recovery console. Use that to rewrite your windows XP registry settings, etc and let us know if that works.

Good luck!
I kinda have the same problem with my hp dv6000 it won't boot into vista
I download a somewhat of a boot vista disk so i can get access to the file system and files under cmd prompt.

How do i use windows xp to rewrite the registry? I do have a windows xp home cd from a older laptop

any help would be appreicated... thank you.