DIsc Drive Problems tooo.. help

Closed
yeeching Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday December 9, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 9, 2008 - Dec 9, 2008 at 11:03 PM
 O'malley - Mar 25, 2009 at 05:59 PM
Hello,
Im having a problem with my disc drive. I did troubleshooter and nothing was helped. The disc drive still didnt detect my cd after i have deleted the upper filters and lower filters + restart the pc.

At first, i put in the cd and there's a yellow light appears just for 2 seconds and it stopped. It didnt even spin the disc. I have tried putting in recordable disc, CD-R, DVD and even the Resource cd, it still didnt detect one of these discs.

Im using Dell Inspiron 6000, Win XP and my cd drive's name is TSSTcorp CDRW/DVD TSL462C (it appears in the device manager). After i clicked on TSSTcorp CDRW/DVD TSL462C, under the device status, it says that :

"This device is working properly.

If you are having problems with this device, click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter."

Any ideas of how to fix it? "HELP" >.<
Useful suggestions are appreciated.
Thx.
Related:

3 responses

Same problem with my drive on the same computer. Did you ever find a fix? Thanks.
TheParoxysm Posts 169 Registration date Sunday December 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2011 74
Dec 11, 2008 at 02:47 AM
Why did you delete your upper/lower filters?
I have the same problem, with the same laptop, but my laptop does not have a proble with CDs, it only refuses to detect DVDs
Scrap that, different laptop.