Google Photos is a cloud-based service that allows photo and video sharing. It provides storage that can be accessed through mobile apps on iOS and Android or via a web browser. Here's how to access your Google Drive photos folder.
By default, photos and videos that are stored on Google Photos are not available on Google Drive and vice-versa. This tutorial explains how you can fix this by uploading a photos folder to Google Drive.
How to access your Google Photos library in Google Drive?
- Sign in to Google Drive with your Google Account.
- Click the gear icon that is located at the top-right corner of your screen, and select Settings.
- Under General, locate the field Create a Google Photos folder and select Automatically put your Google Photos into a folder in My Drive:
N.B. Modifications made to photos stored in this folder won't be reflected on Google Photos.
How to access your Google Drive Photos and videos in Google Photos?
If you want to use Google Photos to view photos and videos stored on Google Drive, then you will simply need to enable a setting. Connect to Google Photos. Click the Menu button located at the top-left corner (3 horizontal bars), then select Settings.
Toggle the Show Google Drive photos & videos in your Photos library option to the ON position, and your content will be accessible in Google Drive.
- My drive photos
- Automatically put your google photos into a folder in my drive
- How to add photos to a google drive folder
- Share files on Google Drive: with other users, Android > Guide
- To help us check that this account belongs to you, we need a photo of your official id. this could be a driving licence, passpor > Forum - Facebook
- How to sort Google Drive > Guide
- Upload your problems photo > Forum - Facebook
- Transfer photos from memory stick to facebook > Forum - Network
- Google reverse image search: mobile, iPhone, Android, app
- How to view Google Maps speed cameras: 2021, iPhone, UK
- How to get Google Docs to read to you: Google text-to-speech
- How to enter coordinates in Google Earth?
- Download a Google Doc: as a PDF, with comments, as word
- How to remove Google Drive: from PC, startup, Windows 10
- Translate text messages with Google Translate on Android
- How to change distance unit on Google Maps: km to miles
- Enable Google Sheets right to left editing in Google Drive
- How to use Google Earth flight simulator
- How to find a location on Google Maps: postal address, GPS
- How to turn off tilt view in Google Maps
- How to download apps for Android with the Google Play Store
- How to open Google apps from desktop: shortcut, extension
- How to make a copy of a Google Doc: on phone, iPhone
- Translate images via your phone camera with Google Translate
- How to get street view on Google Earth: VR, app, iPhone
- Download offline Google Maps: iPhone, for PC, Android
- How to enable Google Drive OCR: PDF, scan, search
- How to translate a page on Android with Google Translate
- Google Play Store error codes and how to fix them
- How to turn off Google spoken answers?
- Compress images with Google Squoosh
- Google Meet extension for Chrome: grid view, attendance
- Limit uploads and downloads speed in Google Drive
- Create Google account: without Gmail
- How to transfer Google Authenticator: iPhone, Android, PC
- How to request a refund on Google Play
- Plan a route on Google Maps: app, Android, iPhone
- How to change the language in Google Drive
- Google Docs spell check: not working, settings
- Turn off private results in Google searches
- How to make a Google Maps list
- Add and edit images in Google Docs: rotate, resize, adjust
- Google Classroom: tutorial, features, cost, app download
- Use Google Meet: download, desktop, mobile, breakout rooms
- Google Kids Space: features. security, devices
- Restore Google Photos: backup, to phone, to gallery
- How to block someone on Hangouts: Web, Android, iOS
- How to use and setup Google Chromecast
- How to use OK Google: activate, search