Need help installing my Seagate Momentus hd

Closed
razorback75 Posts 3 Registration date Monday December 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 30, 2008 - Dec 29, 2008 at 10:18 PM
 fytos - Nov 7, 2010 at 01:54 PM
Hello,
I have a hp pavilion dv9000 with 2 hard drives.My primary hard drive crashed it was a Fujitsu 5400rpm 120 gb .I bought a Seagate momentus 7200 120gb hard drive to replace it.My system says no hard found.How can I get this drive to work.Ive tried downloading vista and it goes through the but at the end it says no hard drive found.If anyone can give me some help I would really be thankful.
Related:

5 responses

try updating ur bios
It is a NTFS problem is one possible problem.

Option 1

For this if you could do a dos boot then you need format -(switch) to remove all elements of the last install.

After this format then you will be able to install.

Note even do remove partition and such will not remove that file if you do not know the softswitch to add to the format command from dos.

Alternatively if low level format is available then it will solve the problem.

Option 2

Get the sata driver then when running the install. (XP) there will be an option to press f6 to load oem drivers. Hope you have the drivers found and downloaded by then.

Option 3

Easiest but cost money buy the appropriate recovery disk from the manufacturer.

Fellas nowadays dont give you the original installer and drivers. They just load it onto your harddisk when new.
So you forget to back that up. Your life does get difficult.

Regards

Keith
Kanshare Sdn Bhd
www.kanshare.com
You need drivers mate. Your windows can't find the disk because they can't see it.
That's why I'm in here. I'm looking for drivers.
Your disk can be detected in BIOS. No need an update of BIOS.
BUT if your windows don't have SATA (Serial ATA) drivers on the CD/DVD then you have to find them!! Find the drivers, start setup, press F6 when it tells you and specify FLOPPY DISK where your drivers will be located (after you put them there).
Then you will be ok. As I'm looking for the drivers if you find them first send a copy to fytos@pazl.com. These are NOT pirate stuff. It's just drivers. If you want me to send you the drivers (if I find them first) send me an email so I can reply.
Have fun and good luck with your HDD.
razorback75 Posts 3 Registration date Monday December 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 30, 2008
Dec 29, 2008 at 11:58 PM
I will try that.Thanks I hope that works.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
razorback75 Posts 3 Registration date Monday December 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 30, 2008
Dec 30, 2008 at 08:00 AM
I tried updating bios from the downloads at hp.It didnt help.Does anybody have any more ideas.Thanks