This article will provide you with all the necessary information and links to the Synaptics pointing device driver.
How to use the Synaptics pointing device driver?
The synaptics pointing device driver is the default driver for the trackpads on most laptops models. In short, this is the software that allows you to use the touchpad to move the mouse cursor around. If you have accidentally uninstalled the driver of pointing device or Windows no longer recognizes the latter (after update, system restore, or system reinstallation), it is possible to reinstall it.
Can you download the Synaptics pointing device driver?
Yes! Even if your device isn't under Windows 11, you can still find the driver online. Scroll down to your respective OS version to find a download link.
Where to get the Synaptics pointing device driver for Windows 10?
Putting your hands on this driver is very easy, however, we recommend downloading it only from trusted sources. For example, you can find it on the official Lenovo page.
Where to get the Synaptics pointing device driver for Windows 8?
If you don't have the most recent Windows version and instead, your device runs under Windows 8, you can still get the driver from a dedicated page on Lenovo's official website.
Where to get the Synaptics pointing device driver for Windows 7?
As always, download drivers only from trusted websites. You can find the driver for Windows 7 (it also works for Windows XP) on Lenovo's website.
Is Synaptics pointing device driver a virus?
SynTPLpr.exe is a legitimate process related to the default driver for the trackpads. However, apparently, there is also a virus that was named after this process. In order to understand whether you are concerned by a virus or a normal process, you can do the following:
- The original file should be located in C:\Program Files.
- Download an anti-virus program and perform a computer scan.
How to uninstall Synaptics pointing device driver?
Here are the steps to follow in order to uninstall the driver (Windows 8):
- Press the Windows and X keys at the same time.
- Select Control Panel.
- View by Category should be selected.
- Choose Uninstall a program.
- Find and select Synaptics Pointing Device Driver.
- Select Uninstall or Uninstall/Change.
- On-screen instructions will appear - you'll just need to follow them.
- What is synaptics pointing device driver
- Synaptic pointing device
- Synaptics pointing device driver windows 10
- Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. the driver may be corrupted or missing. (code 39) > Guide
- Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (co > Forum - Hardware
- Base system device for Dell 1015 [solved] > Forum - Software
- Realtek ATI HDMI Audio Device Driver > Download
- Windows Mobile Device Center > Download
- How to light up keyboard on Acer laptop: Aspire 3, Aspire 5
- HP laptop camera not working: Windows 10, on Zoom, in Teams
- How to factory reset Gateway laptop: Windows 10, Windows 7
- Lenovo laptop screen goes black randomly: how to fix it
- How to fix volume buttons on Asus laptop
- How to factory reset Acer desktop: Windows 8, Windows 7
- How to reset Toshiba laptop: without password, Windows 10
- Asus recovery partition: missing, deleted, Windows 10
- Dell laptop Bluetooth not working: Windows 10, Windows 7
- Factory reset HP laptop: from boot, Windows 10, Windows 7
- Dell Inspiron Mini factory reset: Windows 7, Windows XP
- How to connect phone to laptop?
- Asus laptop webcam image is upside down: what to do?
- Laptop overheating: how to fix?
- How to factory reset Dell laptop: without password, BIOS
- Asus laptop factory reset: from BIOS, Windows 10, Netbook
- How to lock or unlock the touchpad on HP laptop: Windows 10
- Lenovo password reset: disk, without disk, Windows 10