ITunes installation problems

Closed
Videora33 - Dec 5, 2010 at 12:12 AM
Daina Peter Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday December 1, 2010 Status Member Last seen December 7, 2010 - Dec 7, 2010 at 03:24 AM
Hello,
I am having problem downloading iTunes on my computer. I had iTunes on my computer but then I created another profile and that messed it up. I removed iTunes from my computer and tried downloading it again. Everytime I do that, when it reaches the 'installing Quicktime" part, it gives me the error message "Can not access network %AppData% "

Can someone help me?
Thanks.
Related:

1 response

Daina Peter Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday December 1, 2010 Status Member Last seen December 7, 2010 1
Dec 7, 2010 at 03:24 AM
Check your system requirements

Make sure that your system meets the requirements to properly playback video in iTunes. These requirements are detailed on the iTunes download page Update your software.

Need to confirm if you have the latest video driver updates for your PC and any installed components. Let's suppose, video driver software updates often offer enhanced graphics performance for your system.

Enhance Display Color Quality

On the Start menu, click Control Panel.

Click Hardware and Sound in Control Panel. Then, click Appearance and Personalization. Select View by Category, if you do not see the option for "Hardware and Sound" in Control Panel. Or, in the Classic View of Control Panel, click Personalization.

Click Display and then Screen Resolution for Windows 7.

Choose the highest resolution setting.

Click OK.

Your screen may flash briefly and you will see a message asking you to confirm the settings. Click Yes if the image on screen is visible.

Tuned off Direct3D video acceleration in QuickTime.

Click Additional Options and select View by Large or Small icons if you do not see the QuickTime icon in Control Panel.

Click the Advanced tab.

Uncheck Enable Direct3D video acceleration in the Video section.

Disable DirectX in QuickTime.

Start QuickTime from control panel or select View by Large or Small icons if you do not see the QuickTime icon in Control Panel.

Click the Advanced tab.

Select Safe mode (GDI only) in the Video section.

Modify your System Drive Configuration

The data communication method for your computer's optical drives and hard drives may not be configured for optimal performance. If your system's drives are capable of Direct Memory Access (DMA), ensure this feature is enabled. The steps are given below to enable this feature.

Right-click on Computer in the Start menu and click Manage.

If Windows needs your permission to continue, click Continue.

Select Device Manager.

Click the plus sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.

Right-click on the IDE bus that contains your hard drive, and in the shortcut menu, click Properties. Click the Advanced Settings tab.

Make sure the Transfer Mode for the devices on the bus is set to DMA if available, not PIO Only.

Repeat steps 4-5 for the of the IDE Channel devices listed under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.

Reboot your computer and play a movie in iTunes again. If you made any changes to the transfer mode for any IDE channel devices, you should notice improved playback performance.

Disable ReadyBoost on Flash-Based Drives

Windows 7 ReadyBoost Feature is used with USB drives. If you are having video playback issues with iTunes in Windows 7, disconnecting ReadyBoost enabled flash drives may improve video playback performance. Follow the given steps to disable ReadyBoost:

Click the Windows Start button and choose Computer.

Right Click the icon for any USB drives and choose Properties from the shortcut menu.

Select the ReadyBoost tab.

Select Do not use this device and click OK.

iTunes may unexpectedly end or become unresponsive or the computer may unexpectedly restart or display a blue screen. Standard IDE hard disks are unaffected by this issue. If your use a standard IDE hard disk, you can copy your video files to that disk and play those copies of the files in iTunes or QuickTime Player.