iTunes download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
iTunes is an Apple application that offers many features related to media content management and also stands as a hub for other Apple services such as Apple Music or iTunes Store. Thanks to iTunes, you can synchronize your Apple devices, listen to music, radio, audiobooks, and podcasts, and watch movies and TV shows.
What are the key features of iTunes?
- Handy song management: You can easily import songs, videos, and movies from your computer or a CD directly into your iTunes library. The content you download from the iTunes Store is also synchronized, so you can keep all your media in one place and create playlists.
- Keep everything synchronized: iTunes also allows you to create and restore backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. It can also install updates and synchronize the media on all your Apple devices and computer, including the content you purchased on iTunes Store from another device. You also have some ways to transfer data from your iPod to your PC.
- Podcasts: If you like podcasts, you can subscribe to free podcasts channels depending on the genre you like. The latest episode will automatically be added to your Podcasts section in your iTunes library.
- Radio and interviews: iTunes provides all the different ways to be connected to the world, and thus provides local and international radios stations to make sure you never miss interviews of your favorite artist.
- Apple Music: As Apple’s music and video ad-free streaming service, Apple Music is available directly from the iTunes app and offers a vast catalog of over 70 million songs. Thanks to the clever engine, you will receive recommendations based on your taste. Last but not least, you can download music and listen to them even if you are offline.
- iTunes Store: iTunes Store is also available from iTunes. You can purchase and download music, movies, TV shows, or audiobooks that will be added to your Library and played from your PC or any Apple device.
- Burn copies of your CDs and DVDs: If your PC has a CD drive, you can import your songs or videos and create a copy. In addition, iTunes lets you burn audio CDs, MP3 CDs, and data on CDs and DVDs.
How does iTunes work?
iTunes is a complete application that provides an easy-to-use interface. Once the app is downloaded and installed, you will find all the main panels at the top of iTunes’ interface. In Library, you will find the local media files you imported as well as the music, movies, audiobooks and TV shows you purchased. If you subscribed to Apple Music, everything would be synced with the app on your Apple devices. You can also filter your content in the menu on the left side.
Note that you need to sign in with an existing Apple ID (or create a new one) to access music and other items in some of the other panels. The option is located in the Account menu.
Is it free?
iTunes is free to download and use. You can also buy content in iTunes and purchase one of the Apple Music subscription plans. The service offers a free trial of three months that will automatically renew every month until you decide to cancel your subscription.
What is the difference between iTunes and Apple Music?
One of the features of iTunes for Windows is to give you access to Apple Music, which is a music and video streaming service.