Help! I'm DESPERATE

Closed
catt - Jan 27, 2011 at 11:25 PM
 sure - Jan 28, 2011 at 04:36 AM
Hello,
I really need your help. I have a research paper due next week and I can't work on it properly because my laptop keeps on hangin' like every 3 minutes. My dad recently formatted my laptop because of this problem and we thought that may solve it but it didn't. So, after formatting he installed windows 7 ultimate and all the cd's required to be installed. But still, my laptop hangs. I've also noticed that my laptop fan isn't functioning anymore (not sure if that's the reason why it hangs, but it doesn't get hot) and a friend also told me that it might be because of the windows update. My Dad turned off the notifications for the windows update because while he was installing the OS, we read something like "confirm the product with product key after 30 days", and I don't know if we have this product key because he only copied it from his friend and i had this experience before back when i was using windows xp with my old pc, i turned on all windows updates and in the end my wallpaper turned black and a message kept on popping up that said "windows not genuine, blah blah". plsss help me, it's frustating just typing this because my laptop hangs a lot. thanks. My laptop is Acer Aspire 4741, i5 cpu, M 430 @ 2.27 GHz
RAM: 2.00 GB (1.74 GB usable).

1 response

i came to know that you have copied os from some one else,if so while checking for updates microsoft will find that version is copied.so they will stop all updates and usages.
so please install any other os u have or else install windows 7 again and turn off check updates so that u can escape from microsoft