Copy Row in Excel to Specific Tabs

Closed
Travis - Apr 29, 2011 at 12:31 PM
venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 - Apr 30, 2011 at 10:23 PM
Hello,

I'm not very smart once I get outside of if-then formatting.

I have an excel worksheet. It is used to track purchases for different divisions of my company. A, B, C, D, E, F, 1, 2, 3, 4 are the divisions as they're identified on my master data page, titled FY 11

What I would like to happen is that any data entered into FY 11 that has the appropriate division listed in Column A would then populate over into the tab on the worksheet with corresponding identifier.

Example: Data entered into tab name "FY 11"
Cell A3 (the first line of data entry) has the entry "A". I would like excel to copy row 3 into row 3 of tab "A". (row 3 to allow me to input header information).

Thank you for your help, please let me know if I need to clarify anything.

Related:

1 response

venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 811
Apr 30, 2011 at 10:23 PM
if all the entries are made in the master sheet then you can transfer data for each division to that division sheet.

but if it is going to be dynamic that as you enter new data it should go to the division sheets there should be some way to identify the new entries

better post a very small extract of your master sheet.
also it is presumed that all the division sheets are opened