iCloud has a feature where it keeps the Safari tabs you have open on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac up to date across multiple Apple devices. This allows you to switch devices, and keep browsing on another device. In this article we will show you what to do if you iCloud tabs are not working, and also how to clear iCloud tabs.
What to do when Safari iCloud tabs are not closing?
The quickest way to troubleshoot malfunctioning iCloud tabs is to turn off and on all devices that the iCloud tabs are working on. This could be enough to refresh the tabs and get them working again. If not, the next option is to disable Safari syncing in iCloud and then re-enable it. This will force the service to restart and search for iCloud Safari tabs.
What to do when iCloud tabs are not working?
iCloud tabs work on devices that are running iOS 13 or iPadOS, or macOS 10.14.4 or later. Or between devices running iOS 12 or earlier and macOS Mojave 10.14.3 or earlier. If you have a brand new iPhone which is running the latest iOS, you may find that it doesn't work with your older Mac or iPad if they are running older operating systems. If it is possible, try to update your devices to the latest version of OS. However, you may find that your device can only run up to a certain OS, and you don't want to "downgrade" another device's OS to meet in the middle.
How to disable iCloud tabs in Safari?
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on your name which contains your Apple ID profile.
- Scroll down to iCloud and click on it.
- Scroll down to Safari and toggle the button next to Safari to the "Off" position.
Note: All your synced Safari data will be cleared from your iOS device.
Need more help with iOS? Check out our Forum!
- Clear icloud tabs
- What are icloud tabs
- Icloud tabs not syncing
- Disable search tab chrome > Guide
- Java update tab missing
- Google chrome new tab settings > Guide
- Close all tabs chrome android > Guide
- How to transfer photos from iPhone to your PC or Mac
- Apple iOS 15.2: release date, update, beta, devices
- How to sync iPhone and iPad: messages, contacts, apps, email
- How to turn on flash for notifications iPhone
- How to lock iPhone screen rotation: landscape, portrait
- How to manage app permissions: iPhone, iPad
- Mirror iPhone to PC: via bluetooth, without software
- How to turn off sim pin code on iPhone
- Use iPhone as hotspot: for PC, for Mac, for iPad, Wifi
- How to calibrate iPhone compass: app, iOS 14, Google Maps
- Share PC internet to iPhone: via USB cable, via bluetooth
- Samsung Smart View on iPhone: screen mirroring
- How to turn off music on iPhone
- How to install apps on older iOS versions
- iOS 14 update: download, features, for iPhone 6, date
- How to disable Game Center: iPhone, iOS15, notifications
- How to hide App Store: on iPad, on iPhone, hide apps
- Restore settings icon on iPhone: to iPhone home screen
- Apple iPhone 13: release date, design, specs, price
- Use Face ID with mask: iPhone, not working, Apple Watch
- Turn off cellular data iPhone: shortcut, travel