Vista can't find XP despite LLTD

Closed
Jortmans - Jan 21, 2009 at 05:09 AM
 Jortmans - Jan 21, 2009 at 08:52 AM
Hello,

I tried to set up a LAN with my housemate to do some file sharing and possibly some LAN gaming. Ofcourse nothing seems to work with us. Situation now is:
I've got XP SP3 and installed the LLTD protocol because he's got Vista. We're in the some workgroup, namely the default called workgroup. I can find his computer on the network, but he can't find mine and when I try to acces his computer it tells me I'm not licenced to and it can't find a 'network pad', but it does that with every computer I try to acces with my computer.
Does anybody have an idea what might be wrong, because according to several forums it should be working now.

Many thanks, Jort
Related:

1 response

onetera Posts 7 Registration date Tuesday October 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 16, 2009 2
Jan 21, 2009 at 06:37 AM
hi,
try this link to get full exploanation about creating LAN:
en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-32804-step-by-step-procedure-for-creating-lan
you will get step-by-step procedures
I guess my question was a bit vague so I'll repeat them.
Actualy there are two problems,

1: I can find all computers in my workgroup, but everytime I try to acces them, it says I don't have the rights to do so (can't find networkpad). The other computer can acces my shared folder though.

2: All systems on the network are XP, accept for one wich has vista. The vista computer can't find any computers in the network, but (after installing the LLTD protocal) I can find him.

So the problem isn't setting up a LAN, but making it work correctly.

Many thanks again,

Jort
Jortmans > Jortmans
Jan 21, 2009 at 08:52 AM
Little update, I've been able to acces one of the computers.
The other XP, which I can't acces, can ping me, but I can't ping it.
Vista situation unchanged