Windows 7 wlan physical switch on, yet...

Closed
lotley - May 16, 2011 at 05:46 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - May 16, 2011 at 05:50 AM
Hello,

Somehow I managed to put a Windows 7 Professional installation on my laptop Toshiba M40 (it came with WinXP), wlan is a Intel 2200BG. Normally when you start up Windows 7 the physical wlan switch when turned on will light up and stays up orange on my laptop, this is how it was doing until recently. Last week the physical wlan switch is acting weird. First I thought this was the result from a windows update, so I did a system restore back to 2 weeks ago but that didn't help at all.
Now when I press power on, I see the orange LED for wlan switch lights up, but when my laptop boots the BIOS, where you can see the Toshiba logo etc., this orange light immediately turns off, it stays off even when Windows has booted up. For the moment I've found a workaround that is during boot up I've to turn the physical wlan switch off and back on, this way the wlan stays on until system restart/reboot.
Can anyone help?

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
May 16, 2011 at 05:50 AM
Bare in mind that behind every answer, to help given on the forum, there are human volunteers who give their time trying to solve users' problems.

Therefore, it is expressly requested from kioskea forums users to show their utmost respect. For this, the use of polite expressions is a minimum.
https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

* Please, re-write your message accordingly, respecting the politeness charter and repost your message.

Please, thank you, appreciate, greateful are words among those forms

We trust that you understand