Cd/dvd drive disappears

Closed
costel32 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday May 18, 2011 Status Member Last seen May 18, 2011 - May 18, 2011 at 08:36 AM
 Anonymous User - May 19, 2011 at 04:41 PM
hi guys,i have a problem with my cd/dvd driver,it disappear....its normal under the hard drive,but its not there...and i cant play any cd or dvd etc..on my computer...can anyone help please,thank you...
Related:

3 responses

Anonymous User
May 18, 2011 at 08:38 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

Click on Start --> Run --> type regedt32 and press "Enter"

Registry editor will be opened.

Backup your registry by going to File --> Export and save the file with any name.

Now on the left side, navigate to the location

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> SYSTEM --> CurrentControlSet --> Control

----> Class ---> Click on {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

At right side delete these files if u find it

upper filters,lower filters,upper filters.bak,lower filters.bak and then restart your

PC.

Good Luck.
costel32 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday May 18, 2011 Status Member Last seen May 18, 2011
May 18, 2011 at 09:05 AM
ok,i follow that,i delete upper filters and lower filters,but its still the same,in the same place there is another files in case u want to know like; default,class,classdesc,enumproppages32,iconpath,installer32,noinstallclass,silentinstal,,,,this is all,maibe need something to be change because i see the dvd rom,its there...thank you..
Anonymous User
May 19, 2011 at 04:41 PM
Hi,

Download CDgone from the link below:
http://www.aumha.org/downloads/cdgone.zip
Right click on the downloaded file and choose Extract All, then double-click on cdgone.reg Say "Yes" to the merge question and then reboot. See if the drives have returned. You may have to re-install CD burning applications, since they're the ones that tinker with the filter setting in the registry that caused the drives to disappear.

Good Luck!
If you don't know where you go, get back where you come.......