My NEC_DVD_RW_ND-3550A ATA it got buged

Closed
Chase Kramer - May 29, 2011 at 03:53 PM
 Solomon - Jun 2, 2011 at 05:31 PM
Hello,
I have a problem with a DVD CD ROM R-W .It does not work even if I install windows Xp, and even if I install windows 7. My PC it has 160GB of hard, and it is 5 years old now. Anytime I've tried to write a DVD the application that I use give me the same "power error calibration".and under windows 7 when I try to make a backup it the windows give me this "windows can not format the disk". I can run windows only in 32 bit, and since a couple of days everything it was okay.But after the last time when I used windows XP sp3 it does not work any longer to make any of DVD disks. I've tried by installing the windows7 but the problem its still there, and it does not go away by any means.I've tried to use Nero:7;8;and 10 as a version of it to write a disk. But no changes had been created from doing this to the PC.I use a good brand of DVD Disks, is not at a low price, and it still does not work.In Nero, after is writing the lead in, it stops it self and the device is keep making that sound like is stocked inside of it,like is keep trying to do something but is blocked.
Please, can you help me?
Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
May 29, 2011 at 04:29 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) First try to burn at low speed.

2) Click on Start --> Run --> Type services.msc and press Enter.

[If you are using Windows 7 then click on Start --> In search box, type

services.msc and press Enter.]

"Services" window will be opened.

Look for the service "IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service" --> Double-click on it -->

If the "Service Satus" is "Started" then click on the "Stop" button -->

In "Startup type" select the option "Disabled" from the drop-down menu -->

Click on OK.

3) If the problem still exists then try updating your DVD drive's firmware

4) If the problem still exists then try cleaning your drive lens.

Click on the below link and follow the instructions

https://ccm.net/faq/2917-lens-cleaners

Good Luck
Dear friends,
I've tried both of the sugestions that you gave me.The last one I did not check it out yet. And I asume that is the best one.Anyway I have re-install it the windows with the hope that this it will provide some improvments to the issue, but it does not.The problem is still there, also I do remember that the first 3 of disks that I have been tried to write them,they came out in a soon time with some unexpected tiny scraches onto them.And of course the message it was the same:"power error calibration...".I still believe that Nero is one of the best soft to write and backup data and music or what so ever, I've got nothing personal with Nero's staff, and I do remain on my opinion, it should be cleansed out this device before of the finnal test.And after this everything that it still remains to be done is to buy onather new one DVD RW.All that I am sorry about is that NEC is now working with SONY by wile of time, so fare well good DVDW, because I do not believe in SONY, they should not desconsider me as well, but anyone can keep their own opinion or share it with the others as well.I really do'nt know what to do! I do really hope that this might be the problem, amean to clean the lens of the DVD RW, unless of course if there is none there to gain control of my computer without my knowledge.I do remember one thing that in one previous year I've changed something from the property's of the DVD RW, and suddenly I could'nt write no more anything with it.But now I have not change it anything overthere.Anyway thanks for the good advices, and I hope that somehow to make it work( but beetwen of us, this DVD RW from NEC, it has at least 2, or 3 hundreds of disks already maded in good shape!),which it means that I've use it from 3 or 4 years at least running in full power,without any substantial problems.And if you may, I keep my point of view that NEC was and remains one of the best firmware as brand of makeing this DVD RW to everyone.Thank you very much.Have a nice week end!