I am having problems the dvd/rw driver and it won't show on the device and my computer and it is missing and that I have done on F2 and found the driver dvd/rw and it said (Not Present) but how to change it without (Not Present) from Dell Bios F2.
Please can you help me...
This same thing happened on my Gateway Laptop MT6709 running Vista and none of the methods above worked.
Gateway suggested the following and it worked first time around - thought I would pass it along. both music cds and dvd's came right up and all sound was normal
1. Click on Start and then Control Panel.
2. Click on the button in the upper left hand corner labeled "Switch to Classic View"
3. Double Click on System
4. In System, click on the Hardware Tab.
5. In the Hardware Tab, click on Device Manager.
6. In the Device Manager, double click on "DVD/CD-ROM Drives"
7. Double click on what appears below "DVD/CD-ROM Drives".
8. In the Device Properties box, click on the Driver Tab
9. In the Driver Tab, click on Uninstall Driver
10. Shutdown and restart the computer.