Can somebody help me please?

Closed
mary - Jan 22, 2009 at 09:04 PM
akeila_wolf Posts 7 Registration date Thursday January 22, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 24, 2009 - Jan 22, 2009 at 09:28 PM
Hi,
hopefully somebody could help me. I have an HP Dv2000 laptop
and I'm having some problems with it. I don't really know what it is but,
everytime I turn it on it starts but the monitor stays black. I don't know why it does that.
The thing is that it turns on buy the monitor stays black it doen't do anything.
I really hope somebody can help me please.

1 response

akeila_wolf Posts 7 Registration date Thursday January 22, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 24, 2009 5
Jan 22, 2009 at 09:28 PM
You see ABSOLUTELY nothing??

Should be an FN key on the bottom left (usually) and if you press and hold it, and then one of the F keys or number keys (1234etc) should have an icon of a monitor, and if, while holding the FN key, press the one with the monitors on it, you should cycle from Internal Display, Internal AND External, and External modes.

Try connecting another monitor to the laptop and see if it powers up when you turn on the laptop,

Also... FN plus the star burst/sun looking key should be your Contrast, it may be all the way down...

IF the external display fires up, but you cannot switch to Internal, you can look in the BIOS (black words that first show up, should be F2, F10, F11, F12, DEL or one of them to enter SETUP, watch the upper right of the screen, or the bottom as the memory checks itself... CHANGE ONLY THE DISPLAY SETTINGS and if unsure, CANCEL Out of it as in DO NOT SAVE , reboot, and try again

lastly, the display could be smoked and not work

**** DISCLAIMER ****
ALL INFORMATION IS PROVIDED AS IS FOR REFERENCE ONLY, AND WHILE EVERY EFFORT IS MADE TO VERIFY ITS ACCURACY, YOUR USE OF WHAT IS WRITTEN IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK, YOU ARE HUMAN AS AM I AND SUBJECT TO MAKING MISTAKES. IF YOU KILL, DESTROY, SMOKE, BURN UP, FRY, OR OTHERWISE RENDER YOUR COMPUTER, COMPUTER SYSTEMS OR ANY DAMN THING ELSE USELESS, YOU DO SO BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING AND CAUSED IT TO HAPPEN EVEN AFTER READING THIS AND SINCE I DID NOT PRESS THE KEYS, YOU HOLD ME AND MINE HARMLESS FOR ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN, MOON, AND STARS.