System shutdown

Solved/Closed
Jim - Jan 22, 2009 at 04:44 PM
 soulman - May 29, 2014 at 06:30 PM
Hello,
My ACER laptop wont stay turned on. It keeps getting a message of The system is shutting down it has been authorized by NT AUTHORITY \SYSTEM. windows server must shut down because the DCOM Server Process Launcher terminated unexpectedly. I get a 30 second countdown and then the comp reboots and then THAT 'S IT! PLEASE HELP! I have tried starting it in F8 mode and nothing! That computer has Windows XP and Internet Explorer!

7 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 22, 2009 at 09:58 PM
You appear to have one of the blaster worm variants. To keep the system from shutting down, as soon as it boots do this:

go to Start, Run, type in shutdown -a and enter

Here's the link to the long version of the instructions. http://www.tiscali.co.uk/help/msbremove.html

I would also download MalwareBytes anti-malware from https://www.malwarebytes.com/ and run their program in "SAFE MODE"

Good Luck.
hey it worked for me but will it last and if it dont how do I do it where it will never pop up again {click start,run,type in shutdown-a
DCOM shutting my down
Jan 31, 2010 at 01:13 AM
Hello Users,

I am having the same problem and follow the steps:

(1) I type shutdown -a on dos prompt and then

(2) I clean my computer with Matwarebytes Anti_Malware software and my computer is very clean but my computer is still shutting down. What I am going to do next?

Regards!!
JM > DCOM shutting my down
Feb 2, 2010 at 06:32 PM
I have tried EVERYTHING including Malwarebytes anti-malware and STILL I get that darn message and it counts down from .59 seconds and shuts my computer down and then it restarts, very frustrating--I iont know if it is a virus, a trojan, a worm, malware, but I have every conceivable anti-program running and I still get this shutdown message with the RED X in a circle! Help!
Thanx
zombiexeffect
Feb 7, 2013 at 09:10 PM
im not getting the message it just shuts down please help!