Pls help me

Closed
gin - Jan 22, 2009 at 11:43 PM
superfreakz Posts 17 Registration date Wednesday October 1, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 12, 2009 - Jan 23, 2009 at 03:03 AM
Hello,

my computer is stuck in a reboot loop. i have an intel pentium 4 desktop computer. it is windows xp home edition. the problem happened after i installed the windows service package 2 (i know, im a little behind). it seemed to install the update fine but after i restarted my computer i couldnt seem to get to my desktop. the computer manages to get to the light blue windows xp loading screen but instead of entering my desktop the computer reboots and the whole process starts over again. after reading other forums, i tried the F8 method but couldnt seem to make it work. last known configuration and safe mode dont seem to work but i may have not done them correctly; im no computer whiz. but after pressing the "disable automatic restart on system failure" option, i got this error message on the "blue screen of death" (this happened after the light blue xp loading screen instead of it restarting like it usually does):

what should i do? i dont want to have to reinstall windows xp and lose my data as i have some important documents and music mp3s on it. ive read about possibly doing a repair install? how does that work, would it work, and would it save my data? is there another option? thanks in advance.

2 responses

yes gin u can repair the xp the repair process will automatically reinstall the files missing by ol xp but it wont affect users data.. but to be on the safer side try this method if ur xp is not opening....

1. empty another drive and install the new xp there
2. copy ur important files from that old xp drive and paste somewhere else
3. format the old drive of xp.

becoz in case if ur system has virus it can delete ur datas if u try to login into an operating sysem which has been be blocked by virus so dont try with ur old one again and again. instead try another and copy from it or try live os like LINUS.....
superfreakz Posts 17 Registration date Wednesday October 1, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 12, 2009
Jan 23, 2009 at 03:03 AM
You can also try to insert the windows cd and let it boot from it, and choose the repair option to fix the faulty boot volume.