Help needed please-Network drops after reboot

Closed
RPS - Jul 5, 2011 at 07:02 AM
 RPS - Jul 6, 2011 at 04:15 PM
Good Morning Peoples: I have a Dell Studio laptop(Windows7) connected to my network thru a router and an ethernet cable--Whenever the laptop is restarted the connection is lost even though the other 2 desktop computers are still active and the connection is fine--same thing when I use a wireless router when I'm in another office--This just started in March--the solutuon is that I have to reboot both the modem and the router and then all is OK but if I reboot my laptop or it is automatically rebooted after any updates--same thing happens----I have checked and updated all the drivers--I am certain the router is fine as both of my other computers have never lost their connection--only this laptop----I have searched other "help' sites and have found others with the same issues and unfortunately no answers--maybe I should just take the laptop in to a technician and have him/her check the network cards etc etc---most frustrating especially because the other two computers on the network have never dropped the connection even when my laptop does-----any suggestions would be much appreciated--Thanking you in advance--RPS
Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jul 6, 2011 at 12:39 PM
Hello,
Try this 1
Click on Start --> In search box, type cmd and press Enter. "Command Prompt" will be opened.
Type the command
ping 127.0.0.1 -t --> Press Enter. Check if you are able to get continuous reply messages.
Try disabling your antivirus temporary and check if you are able to browse without any disconnection problems.
Good Luck
Thanks jack4rall for your input--I had already updated the drivers and now have the most current--Unfortunately the same thing happens--I will try the "ping" solution and let you know if that works--Thanks for your suggestion
Also tried pinging as you suggested to no avail--when my system is up and running, I have no problems--it's when I reboot or it restarts itself after some updates that it fails to connect to the network and I then have to reboot both the modem and the router--after reading about 5-6 others with the exact same issue and no apparent solution, the only thing we all notice is that it is not a modem or router or driver issue we have --it seems to be an issue with the laptop and possibly windows 7--oh well--I'll keep trying Dell and hope that they come up with something--thanks for your efforts--