Lost windows vista password

Closed
lola - Jan 26, 2009 at 12:20 AM
zendiablo Posts 3 Registration date Sunday January 25, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 26, 2009 - Jan 26, 2009 at 12:41 AM
Hello,

ive recently received a Satellite M305-S4848 Toshiba Laptop with Windows Vista,
i made a password for the log in, and stupidly forgotten the password..
ive looked at many websites, most of them say that i need to create a password reset disk in order to do so but the only way is to have made it before i lost the password so that doesnt really help me too much.
then i came across another website that told me how to create a disk to boot the computer..
im not very good with computers so i was a little confused but i was being very careful and went through a step by step guide on how to create the disk.. [ basicly burn an .iso image file and restart the computer or whatever]
it said that it should have automatically booted when i restarted the computer but it didnt, so i made sure that the cd/dvd drive was 1st on the boot menu thing, and it was..
but still did not work..

does anybody know another way on how to get my password back? =/
or maybe at least even wipe out the password fully so i can just get onto my computer..?

this would be greatly appreciated!
thank youuu!
Related:

1 response

zendiablo Posts 3 Registration date Sunday January 25, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 26, 2009
Jan 26, 2009 at 12:41 AM
Not sure if this'll help or not. Try this website: https://petri.com/forgot_administrator_password

Also, just in case you tried simply to burn the iso with a regular burner, you can't, unless that burning program explicitly states that it can, in fact, do that. Look up "free iso burner" on google and take your pick. Those programs will definitely burn your iso for you.

Good luck.