Replacing text with a value?

Closed
Midwiferota - Oct 11, 2011 at 08:16 AM
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 - Oct 11, 2011 at 09:58 AM
Hello,
So I'm wanting to make a rota for work as I'm a midwife, what I'd like to do is the following:
C is community and adds up to approximately 7.5 hours, there is also N for nights and E for evenings, which are 10 and 8 hours each. Since there are many names in this rota, what I wanted to do was have the rota with C,N and E in each column but for it to then add up the hours that person has worked over a certain period either a month or a week. I'm sorry if this doesn't make a lot of sense but could anybody steer me in the right direction? I'm guessing I need some sort of macro to search for the C,N and E's but as from there I am clueless.
Thanks everyone

2 responses

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Oct 11, 2011 at 09:58 AM
Hi Midwiferota,

What is a rota (a schedule?)?

Could you post a sample of your sheet and show what you would like to see happen.

You could also use a filesharing site like www.speedyshare.com to upload your file and post back the link. Keep in mind that I'm using excel 2003, so make sure that the extention is .xls.

Best regards,
Trowa
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Oct 11, 2011 at 09:58 AM
Hi Midwiferota,

What is a rota (a schedule?)?

Could you post a sample of your sheet and show what you would like to see happen.

You could also use a filesharing site like www.speedyshare.com to upload your file and post back the link. Keep in mind that I'm using excel 2003, so make sure that the extention is .xls.

Best regards,
Trowa