Inserted formula should not be viewable

Closed
Ann - Oct 20, 2011 at 02:22 AM
 Ann - Oct 31, 2011 at 04:03 AM
Hello,

I have one Excel Sheet where in last 2 cells( out of 10) i have inserted formula.I will be updating data till 7th Cell, Then i will send this file to third person. Then that person will update his data on 8th Cell then automatically data will reflect in 9th & 10th cell(B'cos of the formula which i inserted).

Now i do not want the third person should be able to view the formula on 9th & 10th Cell and do not want him to make any changes on my formula.

In short when the third person will receive the file, for him the 8th, 9th & 10 th cell should be blank.

I tried to protect the sheet but it is not satisfying my need. Would appreciate if anyone could provide me the solution and explain me the path also as how to followur solution as i am not good in Excel.

Thanks

Related:

1 response

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Oct 20, 2011 at 09:40 AM
By protecting the sheet and locking that formula cell, no one should be able to modify the contents. How does it not fit your requiremnt ?
Hi, Riz,

Would request you to kindly guide me with the process. Kindly guide me how to lock the formula. And is it if formula cell has been locked the other person will view that formula cell as blank or he will be able to view my formula.
Would appreciate if you could give some time to solve this issue.
Thanks
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Oct 22, 2011 at 01:48 AM
select all cells
right click and choose format
uncheck the lock cell option
now click on the cell that you do want to lock
right click on that cell and choose format and check the lock option
now goto tool and choose protect and protect the sheet
You have solved my problem thanx a ton..However I am facing one more problem on the same sheet.
After protecting sheet cursor is not going to locked cells where formula are inserted to do CTrl + D so that the above formula can get copied to the below cell. What i tried to do- before protecting the sheet i have dragged the formula of 9th & 10th Cell till the end of the sheet in the same column. But as no figures are inserted in 8th Cell till end of the sheet error is coming in 9th & 10th Cell. And i cannot send the sheet where error is showing on 9th & 10th Cell to the third person.So what is the other solution for the same. Would request you to kindly solve the issue ASAP.
Sorry Riz to bother you again n again could you please help me out am eagerly waiting for your update.

Would be very grateful to you if you could please help me out.

Thanks & Regards,
Ann
Oct 29, 2011 at 03:28 PM
When you protect the sheet, there are various options. choose the one that would suit your requirement. If you want the user to select the cell then when you protect sheet choose the option which says allow locked cells