Format one cell based on multiple conditions

Closed
Alexjj - Oct 19, 2011 at 10:45 PM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - Oct 20, 2011 at 09:47 AM
Hello,

I'm a teacher and am trying to make my life easier by identifying students much more easily in Excel. What I'm trying to do is this...I have a worksheet where the headers are A1-Student Name, B1-IEP, C1-ELL, D1-Free and Reduced Lunch, etc. (other demographics). So, what I'm trying to do is that when a student's name is entered in cell A2, the cell will change color based on the information in Cells B2 - D2. B2 - D2 will simply be Yes or No answers. So, if a student named Alex is listed in A2 AND B2 is yes for IEP, then the A2 would become Red, If B2 is NO but C2 is Yes, then A2 becomes Blue, but if B2 AND C2 are Yes, then A2 becomes Green, If B2-D2 are Yes, then A2 is Purple, If No is entered in B2 - D2, then A2 is left alone...does this make sense? I would obviously have a key with the colors explaining the possible combinations of demographic information.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated or if this is just impossible, please say so and I can move on:)

Thank you kindly,
Alex

Related:

1 response

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Oct 20, 2011 at 09:47 AM
What version of excel you are using
Also can you put on some file share site a sample file with sample data and post back here the link to the file. From what I see it is doable