Match data from multiple w/books & paste row

Closed
Kev1987 - Nov 9, 2011 at 03:27 PM
 Khaydon - Nov 10, 2011 at 06:51 AM
Hello,

I have a main spreadsheet which contains order reference numbers (Column B), details of the order are filled out to the right on the same row.

I have 3 identical spreadsheets (for 3 members of staff), they each fill out their own orders on their spreadsheet.

I want their data to be pulled in to the main spreadsheet using a macro. It should look at Column B in the main spreadsheet for order reference numbers; When the reference numbers in this column match to Column B of one of the 3 staff spreadsheets, data in Columns H:R in the staff spreadsheet should be copied to the corresponding columns in the main spreadsheet.

the order reference numbers are unique to the staff members so there shouldn't be an issue with multiple matches.

I'm new to VBA/Macros and haven't been successful trying to adapt existing codes i've found to work. I'm in the process of reading up on VBA/Macros but need to get this up and running asap for work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Kev

Related:

1 response

venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 811
Nov 9, 2011 at 10:30 PM
you mean multiple worksheets and not workbooks

see sample file in this webpage

http://speedy.sh/DaJVB/kev.sls.xls

try this macro

Sub test()
Dim j As Long, cfind As Range, r As Range, c As Range
For j = 1 To Worksheets.Count
If Worksheets(j).Name = "main" Then GoTo nextj
With Worksheets(j)
Set r = Range(.Range("B2"), .Range("B2").End(xlDown))
For Each c In r
Set cfind = Worksheets("main").Columns("B:B").Find(what:=c.Value, lookat:=xlWhole)
If Not cfind Is Nothing Then
Range(.Cells(c.Row, "H"), .Cells(c.Row, "R")).Copy
Worksheets("main").Cells(cfind.Row, "H").PasteSpecial
End If

Next c

End With
nextj:
Next j

End Sub

Thanks for getting back to me so quick. I'm sorry, i do mean workbooks .. 4 seperare .xls files in total (main and 3x staff)

Ive tried adapting code but cant get it to work ....