REALLY IMPORTANT i need help :(

Closed
jakerofl Posts 1 Registration date Sunday February 5, 2012 Status Member Last seen February 5, 2012 - Feb 5, 2012 at 04:59 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Feb 5, 2012 at 05:29 AM
PLEASE READ THIS WHOLE THING, I REALLY NEED HELP i have an acer aspire 7551-3639 laptop with windows 7 home premium,,, i broke my keyboard, so while i was trying to fix it i left it on the floor, my sister stepped on it, everything was fine exept for the screen, it was all cracked, but i plugged it into our tv, and everything worked fine, so since i was using my laptop from my tv, my actual laptop was on the couch, my other sister sat on it, this time, i would turn it on, it would ask me to go into startup repair, safe mode, or normal mode, if i press normal, then it shows the startup screen, but like halfway through, it completely restarts, if i click safe mode, the same thing happened, if i press startup repair, then it says loading files, and the white bar stops moving and then it just stays there. forever. so im only 12, ive been saving up for a long time, i now have $300, i dont want to buy a new laptop because i love mine, so i asked someone i know what they thought, he said it was probably the hard drive, so i went to mad mikes (local cpu store) and he said it was probably my hard drive....a new hard drive like mine costs $150, a new screen costs $80, i ordered and fixed my keyboard for $20 already so its just reallllllly bad, i was hopeing someone could help me out, i really need it :( and if possible, please just messgae me on fb , ihave no idea what this site is, i only mafde an account to ask this question, so i might not remember to check it thank you SOOOOO muchthank you SOOOOO much

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Feb 5, 2012 at 05:29 AM
Hello Jake,

Before you send your lappy to the repair shop, I suggest you check yourself if it's the hard disk by trying to recover.

In an Acer there is a hidden recovery partition. You can access to this partition by pressing the "F10" during the boot but it will delete all your data and recover your laptop to it factory settings! If F10 does not work, try alt+F10.

Good luck and please, be extremely carefull as to where you leave your laptop so that nobody steps or sits on it. If you have dog, the dog will chew it!