Memup kiosk LS mini series extternal harddriv

Closed
KSOUTER - May 1, 2012 at 02:42 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - May 1, 2012 at 03:27 PM
Hello,

i do not no what to do, i have a mem-up 500gb kiosk LS external hard drive and its not recognising it on my computer. i have disabled the 1934 which was said above and i dont no what to doo... im rubbish with computers anyway and so this is quite an issue seeing as all my university dissertation work is on this!?!?!

PLEASE SOMEONE HELPPP!!!

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 1, 2012 at 03:27 PM
There are two kinds of hard drives, the broken one's and the one's that are about to break. Yours just make the transition from one state to the other.
There are internet services that will store your files for free. You should have had a backup on on of their servers or you should have emailed yourself a copy of the school work.

There are three things that can break on an external drive:
1. The USB interface that connects the hard drive in the case to the computers USB port.
2. The hard drive itself.
3. The USB cable.

The most common problem is a broken hard drive and that is the hardest to recover from. Commercial recovery services can replace the drives logic card, drive motors and I/O heads to recover your data files.

At home the best you can do is remove the hard drive and try another USB hard drive adapter. 2 1/2 inch SATA hard drives can be mounted in a cheap USB hard drive enclosure for under $20. The larger 3 1/2 inch drive adapter are harder to find. I use a cheap temporary adapter that is just a special cord and a transformer/wall plug for power.

It would be nice if you gave us the exact error messages you get when you attach or try to read from the drive.