Toshiba Satelite L655 - No Sound

Closed
mr.orange - Jun 15, 2012 at 04:04 AM
 mr.orange - Jun 15, 2012 at 04:52 AM
Hello,

I recently lost sound on my laptop.I had a video open on youtube playing through the built in speakers and when i plugged in my external speakers the sound stopped and would not play on the external speakers. I unplugged the external speakers and no sound is coming out of the internal speakers now either. I have tried plugging in and unplugging the speakers and have no sound for internet, media players or system sounds. I have tried restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling the audio driver but still have no sound. The sound in not muted and volume is turned up. I can see the levels in the volume control moving when music is playing. The computer is about 16 old and i have never had this problem before. Can anyone provide any suggestions how to get it working again? Please!

Related:

3 responses

Which type of o.s installed on it?. Check when you plug in the speakers to your laptop it will shows speakers or hardware is connected message. If it will not shows that message.
O/S is Windows 7. I am using the headphone jack to plug in my speakers. Nothing displays on the screen when I plug them in. They have been working fine up to today.
Oh yeah i forgot to mention, when I lost sound the volume icon disappeared from the system tray?? it came back when i reinstalled the driver.