Problems with specific pages on some browsers

Solved/Closed
Lauli - Jun 18, 2012 at 12:44 PM
 Lauli - Jun 25, 2012 at 06:33 AM
Hello,

I'd be very grateful if someone could help me out with my problem.

I'm connected through a router with two desktops and a netbook, I use Chrome and Firefox on them all (IE7 is installed also, but hardly use it).

My problem is, from Desktop A I cannot reach mail.yahoo.com with neither FF nor Chrome, even though the site is fine, and the ping results are fine. I tried with IE, and it DID load. From Desktop B and Netbook I can access it just fine from any browser.

Also from Desktop A, when I try to reply in any kind of forum, email, or anything that needs to send out information to the server in such way, I can't. It gives a 'timed out' error after it stays loading for a good two minutes. This, again, happens in FF and Chrome (I didn't try IE).

Likewise, from Desktop A, I cannot get Dropbox to upload any of the updated files, while it works fine on the Netbook.

I tried flushDNS before because someone recommended it to me, but that didn't help. Anyone has any ideas on what I can try next?

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 18, 2012 at 01:26 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

Click on the below hyperlink "Fix" and download the file

Fix

Double-click on it and follow the instructions.

Good Luck
Thank you for the answer. I tried it, but it didn't fix the problem. :( still can't reach mail from chrome/FF or reply in forums, and dropbox still isn't syncing properly.
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 18, 2012 at 01:57 PM
Hello,
Try this 1
Are you able to open with internet explorer ? Also try to open without add-ons.
Good Luck
Yes, I'm able to reach yahoo mail with Internet Explorer, it's my usual browsers (firefox and chrome) that time me out with reaching the site, and sending replies on forums.
I have tried unloading/uninstalling/opening without all add-ons on both but I still have the same problem.
Jun 18, 2012 at 02:34 PM
Hello,
Try this 1
Right-click on your "Internet Explorer" --> Click on "Properties". Click on "Connections" tab --> Click on "LAN Settings" button. In that window uncheck all the options, if you notice any option selected.
Click on Start --> Run --> Type firefox -safe-mode and press Enter.
Click on Start --> In search box, type firefox -safe-mode and press Enter]
"Firefox Safe Mode" window will be opened. Select all the option in that window and Click on "Make Changes and Restart".
Good Luck
Thank you, that seemed to solve it as far as loading my email! :) However I still can't reply on forums and dropbox still won't sync, and that is very puzzling. But at least I got one less worry now, thank you. :D