Fingerprint reader

Closed
sajal.hm Posts 2 Registration date Friday January 25, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 11, 2013 - Feb 11, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Feb 14, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Hello,

I have a hp probook 4440s with windows 8 installed. I have activated fingerprint verification both before boot and before windows startup. today I have updated my drivers and restarted windows but the sorrowful thing is that though my pre boot fingerprint verification was passed, before windows start up it tells to connect a fingerprint reader.So I cannot access my windows account. Please give me an easy solution.
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Feb 14, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Hi sajal.hm,

Please check the below mentioned link:

https://ccm.net/faq/6118-hp-fingerprint-reader-common-issues

This link has steps specific to Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7, but some of the generic steps may work fine with Windows 8 as well. It has some advanced troubleshooting techniques which may require a technician's supervision.

Note: Some of the steps in the above link require you to reseat the components by removing the system cover/taking apart the chassis. Please perform these steps only if you are comfortable else seek a technician's help. Also, refer to the Service Manual for accurate steps and safety instructions.