-
Registration date
Monday January 2, 2012
Status
Last seen
April 21, 2018
-
Hello,

could you please advise what could be the best way to show in the same table different currencies. Lets say there would be a button which would case the cells to convert to different currencies. For example: A1 cell is 5 USD, but after hitting a button it would show 3 GBP.

Thanks a lot

1 reply

Registration date
Sunday September 12, 2010
Status
Last seen
October 18, 2021
Hi DG83,

Since you basicly aswered your own question, I was wondering with what you need help with.

Best regards,
Trowa
Registration date
Sunday September 12, 2010
Status
Last seen
October 18, 2021
Hi DG83,

Well you need to know two things: Create button and do some math in VBA.

I just explained how to create a button. Check out my comment on 11 march in this link:
https://ccm.net/forum/affich-691007-how-to-do-an-automation-for-copy-paste-added-new-row-macro#p692746

And here is the math example:
Range("A1").Value = Range("A1").Value * 3 / 5
Range("B1").Value = "GBP"

Combine the two to change currency with the click of a button.

If you need more assistance then it may be helpfull to post your workbook (www.speedyshare.com).

Best regards,
Trowa
Thanks a lot Trowa. To keep it the simplest: let's say tat cells A1:B10 contain single numbers. I don't have the X change rate. I would create a button and after hitting it it would replace the numbers in the cells with the recalculated values based on the X change rate. So if A1 was 5 than after the button hit it would become 10 given the rate is two. So a simple macro would do it probably.
Sorry I meant I do have the X change rate
Registration date
Thursday January 28, 2010
Status
Contributor
Last seen
August 2, 2020
@Dg83: i guess you missed this part of TrowaD response. :at https://ccm.net/forum/affich-692527-different-currencies#4 -)

"If you need more assistance then it may be helpfull to post your workbook (www.speedyshare.com).
Best regards,
Trowa
"
Registration date
Monday January 2, 2012
Status
Last seen
April 21, 2018

Thank you all a lot. Managed to solve it!