Hello, I did a factory reset on my toshiba. When it went to reboot it takes me to a black screen that says TFGHT is compressed press ctrl+Alt+Del so I did. Nothing happens and it just brings me back to this screen. I tried powering down and holding 0 and f8 neither worked. What can I do without a disc?
You might receive this error message if the drive (such as c:\) where you have installed the Operating System is compressed. To fix this problem try the below mentioned steps:
Try to decompress the drive
1. Insert your Windows Installation DVD.
2. Boot the computer with the disc.
3. Choose "Repair your computer"
4. Select the Operating System.
5. When you reach the stage where it asks you to Load Drivers click "LOAD DRIVERS".
6. In the next window press Yes.
7. Click the operating system drive (c:\)> right click > Properties > Advanced tab.
8. Uncheck the "Compress this drive" option.
If the above didn't work
1. Insert installation DVD.
2. Choose "Install now" > "Custom install".
3. Mark an existing partition > Install Windows.
Windows will then install another version of it, and store all your other data in C:\Windows.old\, so that you can restore them at a later time.