Moderators:Attention Plz -Need Help Regarding Software Submision

Solved/Closed
registryrecycle Posts 8 Registration date Wednesday June 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 1, 2013 - Jun 19, 2013 at 03:20 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jul 1, 2013 at 04:54 PM
I tried a lot to find ways of Adding software to Kioskea but end up at Failure. I need to get my software listed in Kioskea Download which is only possible if i become Contributor. I guess, it would take too long to become a Contributor here. Can any of your Moderators help me on my Software Submission?

Please find the details Below About my Software:

Registry Recycler - Free Registry Cleaner

Registry Recycler is a free registry cleaner developed by Developer Tribe. Whenever, there comes the matter of cleaning Windows registry and getting rid of invalid entries, Registry Recycler is recommended just too often like any other reliable registry software.

Registry Recycler Features
Registry Recycler is considered one of the best free registry cleaners in 2013 which has strong and solid features to optimize Windows registry and making sure system runs smoothly. Here is a brief overview of its features that can convince and appeal any user looking for registry cleaner to fix registry errors:

Scanning
Clicking upon Scan button, you get to know the power of its scanning ability to diagnose registry errors in depth. The powerful Scanner dips down in Windows registry, finds errors, and prompts you to fix them.

Defrag
Registry defragment is another feature that Registry Recycler offers to its users. Defragging registry aligns registry entries in right order, which ultimately helps programs to load faster. Hence, you will notice a boost in performance while loading any app.

Backup and Restore
Registry subject to changes sometimes does not bring required results which is why a user may need/feel reversing to older settings. Whenever you perform registry cleaning with Registry Recycler, it automatically creates a backup of your existing registry settings. So, you can always Restore to previous registry settings after scanning, if needed.

Startup
Registry Recycler also features Startup section that enables users to disable apps that automatically initiate at Startup. Disabling these apps makes your system load faster and increases the speed of system.

You May Also Need:

Deleted
Short Description:
Registry Recycler is a free registry cleaner designed to effectively clean, recycle and optimize PC. It will scan the registry for any invalid, obsolete and empty keys. After, Registry Recycler analyzes the registry; you can see all the problems individually and resolve them.

Looking Forward to hear from you

Regards

11 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Jun 19, 2013 at 05:23 AM
Greetings,

There are hundreds of registry cleaning software on the market many of which are suggested in our download section after they were tested.

I have some questions for you.

1. Who created the software ?

2. Who owns the license ?

3. Where is the software creator located ?

4. You say: "I need to get my software listed in Kioskea Download" Why this need ? What do you get from it ?

5. What type of license is it ?

6. Is there any advertising that comes directly or indirectly with the software ?

7. Registry cleaning is a delicate operation which demands precautions. Personnaly, I am reluctant to test it.

Regards

Ambucias
Moderator & virus/security contributor
registryrecycle Posts 8 Registration date Wednesday June 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 1, 2013
Jun 19, 2013 at 05:59 AM
Hi,

First off, I am thankful for the prompt reply.

You are right. There exist hundreds out there and look alike, but surely, there are some technical differences. Registry Recycler is becoming popular and has already been given attention on other big download portals such as Cnet, Tucows, etc. As far your questions are concerned, here are the answers:

1. Who created the software ?

Ans: Developer Tribe

2. Who owns the license?

Ans: Developer Tribe is the sole Developer & Publisher of Registry Recycler

3. Where is the software creator located ?

Ans: Pakistan

4. You say: "I need to get my software listed in Kioskea Download" Why this need ? What do you get from it?

Ans: Well, general motive is to reach out to Bigger Audience and Kioskea is a popular place. It features Download Section, so Registry Recycler being the safe and reliable software, deserves to be there.

5. What type of license is it ?

Ans: Freeware. Registry Recycler is Free to Download, Install, and Run

6. Is there any advertising that comes directly or indirectly with the software ?

Ans: Big "NO"

7. Registry cleaning is a delicate operation which demands precautions. Personally, I am reluctant to test it.

Ans: Agree! Registry Cleaning is a critical process. Keeping this in mind, the developers of Registry Recycler ensured that this software will solely look up Windows registry issues and fix them without harming system. Being a representative, I can assure, it would prove be safest one, if you try it.
I hope, the answers in detail would satisfy you.

Regards
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Jun 19, 2013 at 05:07 PM
Greetings

Fine, I have my own reliable registry cleaner (Eusing Free as well as CCleaner) I will see if someone can test for you and me it and I shall keep you posted. If I get positive comments I will post it for you.

Is it avalaible in any other languages?

Regards.
registryrecycle Posts 8 Registration date Wednesday June 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 1, 2013
Jun 20, 2013 at 01:43 AM
As i said, There are some Technical differences, i can show you a practical comparison between some of the top reliable registry cleaners that would actually give you a clear picture how Safe Registry Recycler is when compared to others.

Do you want me to do a technical (Non-Biased) comparison?

Well, Besides, someone, you can test it on your own :)
Jun 19, 2013 at 05:31 PM
Forgot three questions.

Once the user downloads the software, it there any activation process required?

Does the activation require the transmission of personal data such as e-mail address ?

Is the software totally free for life ?
Jun 20, 2013 at 01:52 AM
Here is the answer:

Ans 1: No. There is no activation process required. Simple, Download, Install, and Run...

Ans 2: As said earlier, Not Activation Process Required. At any stage, you would not be asked for any data...

Ans 3: Yes, free for life.

Please see the Registry Recycler FAQ page (https://www.registryrecycler.com/faq.html

Regards

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Jun 21, 2013 at 06:31 AM
Greetings,

Your registry cleaning software was tested and evaluated by our experts.

First, in our opinion, registry cleaning software is not essential.

Second, although we appreciate the amount of work you dedicated to conceive your software, it is considered too agressive and we are not willing to submit it to our members as it may create collateral damages to the registry.

Sorry and best regards

Ambucias
Moderator & Virus/Security Contributor
Jun 21, 2013 at 07:16 AM
If it is not essential, i wonder why Kioskea Downloads features so many of them? And, sorry to say, many including your Reliable Ones do create collateral damages. Just give them a try on a 64 Bit system.

Anyways, without going into this discussion, i would want to talk to your "Experts" just to know the type of "Damages" that Registry Recycler can cause. So we can look into those areas and address them.
Jun 21, 2013 at 04:49 PM
The experts who tested the software are French speaking.

Tell you what, I will refer it for a second opinion and let you know as soon as I get the evaluation.

Regards
Jun 24, 2013 at 01:25 AM
Hmmm !! Thank You Ambucias

Will be waiting for whatever the outcome is.

Regards
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 27, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Greetings,

We have tested your application. Sorry, we can't forward your request regarding making it available in Kioskea.

The below image is one of the issue that we have noticed

Best Regards
Jack4rall
Moderator, Security Contributor
Jun 28, 2013 at 01:40 AM
Hi Jack

Thankful for the Reply. Have just Sent an Inbox to you. Please check that out

Thanks in Advance

Regards
Jul 1, 2013 at 09:58 AM
Hi @Ambucias

While we agree, things always look good to developers, we certainly still have doubt in that particular issue i.e. "Short Cut Folder Got Deleted". We have first looked into the issue our self and then forwarded it to a Group of Testers that proved the fact that there is no way software could do it.

The software only deletes shortcuts those that are "Invalid". However, the Accessories, Startup, and Games in Start Menu are folders. For the sake of argument, even if it did delete folders, there is no way it could delete the "Startup" folder as it protected by OS itself.

This "TRICK" can only be done by setting the "Hidden" property for the folders. Hope testers did not set it intentionally, but they should have checked the "Test PC" before actually testing the software.

Here is the detailed video negating the possibility of "Start Menu Program Folders" being deleted. The video illustrates the software being safe for all "XP Versions and Editions".

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/467v2vu7mjwb0ik/RR_ver_0.9.1.1000_Win_XP_Tests.wmv

The arguments are not because we want to get into Kioskea List, but to ensure Registry Recycler users that it comes among the safest registry cleaner softwares.

Thanks for being Cooperative

Regards
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jul 1, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Greetings,

The software only deletes shortcuts those that are "Invalid".

If a user says that it deleted his valid shortcuts files will you say that the software had deleted only because it is invalid. It doesn't make any sense. It does deletes the valid shortcut sometimes.

This "TRICK" can only be done by setting the "Hidden" property for the folders. Hope testers did not set it intentionally, but they should have checked the "Test PC" before actually testing the software.

Issue was reported on Jun 27, 2013. You came with the video to prove it wrong on July 1.
Even we can say that you have updated and corrected your mistakes.
Instead of saying that you have updated it, you came back saying we have played tricks.There is no need for us to make such false statements. There is no need to play any tricks.

If you have been confident with your application then on the June 28th itself you would have replied it with the video. If you have been confident with your application you won't have send me a PM asking for those errors personally. If you have been confident with your application then you would have replied to my PM.
Testing is not done in VMWare by us.
When we tested we found the errors with proof. Your application sometimes does create a problem. Do you need another proof? Here it is

Have you seen the image. That the effect after using your application being noted in the "After" image. Now please don't say we have played some registry tricks. It does sometimes become problematic.

During our testing we found the issues with proof that your application does create sometimes problems. Now you might have updated few things in this gap.

The arguments are not because we want to get into Kioskea List, but to ensure Registry Recycler users that it comes among the safest registry cleaner softwares.

That's the reason why we have tested the application instead of just forwarding your request. Even we don't want the users to face such problems. Even we don't want to have an argument about it. We just reported the issue so that you might get it fixed. All we can say that get all the errors fixed. Go for Alpha testing once again.

Thank you for your understanding and taking the issues into your consideration.

Best Regards
Jul 1, 2013 at 04:54 PM
Greetings Jack4rall,

Your findings confirm another test done by CCM. The software was found to be too agressive and to create problems. Kioskea's reputation would be at stake.

From what I have deducted from your message is that Registry Recycler should not be uploaded in our download section.

Trusting your expertise, it will not be uploaded. You will agree that our decision is without appeal.

Thank you again for your help.

Best regards

Ambucias