Can This be done?

Closed
itstubtime Posts 6 Registration date Wednesday August 7, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 10, 2013 - Aug 10, 2013 at 11:47 AM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 10, 2013 at 05:54 PM
Hello,

I have a spreadsheet that I created with the help of ac3 mark. Thank you Again.
It works well and now i would like to see if i can add more to it. I just don't know where to start. What I want to do is take some of the information on sheet 1 and have it automatically fill out cells on sheet two. Sheet two is a parts list with where i would have to re-enter the parts on sheet one to sheet 2. Copy and Paste works but is there a way for it to automatically happen ? Can this be done?

Thank You
David

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 10, 2013 at 05:54 PM
David,

It is software. Anything can be done!

I wanted to encourage you to continue to search the site, as there is a questions in the scope of yours just about every other day. Because of the different specifications when writing scripts and macros, it is important that you can understand how another individual accomplished their task, and make it into your model.

Please first understand, there is a difference between a Macro and Formula. You can record a macro, consisting of inserting a row into a sheet, and then take that macro to be dynamic if you understand the differences between absolute, and relational.

David, once again, anything is possible in software. Take some time to look at copying data, and macros. I am certain you will find what you are looking for. If you need any clarification on any of the methods or routines, let me know.

Have FUN!