System shuts down and restarts automatically

Closed
AJ Michaels Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday May 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 26, 2013 - Aug 22, 2013 at 03:06 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Aug 26, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Guys I have a major problem with my mastering pc. I'm running windows 7 ultimate with a new motherboard, new processor 3.00GH, a 2GH RAM and a new power supply. The first problem is that the system cannot handle wave form audio. it overloads and the sound crackles even if it is fully mastered and the volumes are at their lowest levels with no sign of clipping in the audio.

The second problem is that now the system cannot read CD's/DVD's. Every time I insert a CD/DVD into the DVD drive the computer shuts down and restarts automatically. if I don't remove the CD/DVD from the drive, the process of shutting down and restarting repeats itself non stop at intervals of 20-30 seconds.

What could the real problem be? Please help.

Thanks
AJ

3 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Aug 22, 2013 at 06:24 AM
Hi AJ,

This could happen because of the drivers issue. Please ensure that the Audio Driver, Video Drivers and DVD playback Software are up to date. If the drivers are up to date, please uninstall the existing drivers and then re-install them again. If you need help with downloading the drivers, please reply with the Device Instance IDs of the devices. To get the Device Instance IDs:

1. Press and hold the Windows Key and then press the R key on the keyboard to launch Run Dialog Box.
2. Type "devmgmt.msc" and hit "Enter".
3. Expand "Sound, video and game controllers" and select the sound card that is listed here.
4. Double click the listed Sound Card.
5. Click the "Details" tab.
6. Select Device Instance Path or Device Instance Id (whichever is available for your version of Windows) from the drop down box.
7. Make a note of the Device Instance Path or Device Instance ID.
8. Repeat steps 3 to 7 for "Display adapters" as well.

Please do write back to us.
AJ Michaels Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday May 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 26, 2013
Aug 26, 2013 at 09:07 AM
Thanks R, problem sorted. I had the wrong sound and video drivers .in the system.

I just changed them and now all is well
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Aug 26, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Hi AJ,

I am glad to know the issue has been fixed. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further queries.

Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell