What do I do now

Closed
parlante74 Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday 28 May 2014 Status Member Last seen 28 May 2014 - 28 May 2014 à 11:13
Ambucias Posts 47312 Registration date Monday 1 February 2010 Status Moderator Last seen 28 March 2026 - 28 May 2014 à 17:05
I have retired some time ago. One day i was looking at my hotmail account info and I realized that all my account recovery info was related to my work accounts and work cell phone. So I did a stupid thing I tried to update that info. It set off bells at Hotmail and they think my account is under attack. So they block me and then unblock me which makes for a touchy time. Today I'm blocked and they say I have to wait 72 days to be unblocked. There are no sites you can go to to chat with a tech, or sites that you can go to to e mail explain my problem. I have been able to get some access but would love it if I can fix this

7 responses

Blocked Profile
28 May 2014 à 11:19
Wait 72 hours to be unblocked then change your settings.
parlante74 Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday 28 May 2014 Status Member Last seen 28 May 2014 2
28 May 2014 à 11:24
I just tried an old e mail and got in. I looked at the setting and all the old info is still there . I guess I'll leave it alone and just stay happy I can get my e mail.
Blocked Profile
28 May 2014 à 15:55
My suggestion was going to be create a new one, and forward out of that one, but I am not certain if you can build forwarding rules out of hotmail. Just a thought.
parlante74 Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday 28 May 2014 Status Member Last seen 28 May 2014 2
28 May 2014 à 16:11
I think what I should try is to add yet another way to contact me to the list. Leave all this pre- retired contact info there and just try to add another one. I never tried this but its just a thought. What does the world think
Blocked Profile
28 May 2014 à 16:19
Yep Agree! Let us know how it works!
parlante74 Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday 28 May 2014 Status Member Last seen 28 May 2014 2
28 May 2014 à 16:50
will do thanks
Ambucias Posts 47312 Registration date Monday 1 February 2010 Status Moderator Last seen 28 March 2026 11,166
28 May 2014 à 17:05
Hi

Here is a link to a thread which may shed some light on your dilemma. Mind you, the person had to wait 30 days:

https://ccm.net/forum/affich-742377-blocked-hotmail-account-for-30-days#26