Blocked hotmail account for 30 days [Solved/Closed]

tigerlillies14 9 Posts Saturday March 1, 2014Registration date March 10, 2014 Last seen - Mar 1, 2014 at 08:21 PM - Latest reply:  agrons
- Feb 27, 2017 at 05:06 AM
Hello,

My Hotmail has been blocked since 28th February 2014. It stated that it will be for 24 hours. However I still cannot access it. I am going around in circles, as it asks me to reset password and after doing this, I can still not access my account. It states that my alternative email address has asked for a security code so it will take 30 days to receive it.
I cannot afford to wait 30 days. I get too many emails and need to refer to my historical emails. I am trying as per tips above regarding setting up new email and contacting the Microsoft directly and awaiting to see if they can help to unblock the original email. actually I also could not access the new email, just set up. I have gmail account to use in the future.
However I need my original Hotmail account, so will forward my email to gmail for the future.
See more 

42 replies

Best answer
Thank you
stop using a useless service like hotmail from a useless company like microsoft and go to gmail.

Thank you, mojones 5

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1823 users this month

I think perhaps give up on emailing and we just go back to the old fashioned but reliable phone service!!!!!!
Smartphones > Red - Sep 28, 2015 at 11:34 PM
Best answer in the whole post! I think we need to go back to BBS like on Compu Serve and Q-Link.

These days it will be very easy to set up since phone companies don't charge for long distance where in the actual days of bulleten boards you'd have to pay thru the nose every minute.

Now it's all flat fees as part of your phone bill.
Tarponjack 2 Posts Wednesday April 2, 2014Registration date April 2, 2014 Last seen - Apr 2, 2014 at 09:09 AM
Thank you
Ditto. Same problem. I gee the message "Did you request a security info change?". I didn't. Now my Hotmail and Outlook.com accounts are blocked via the PC and internet browser. I can still receive, read, edit, create, and send email from this account via my iPhone or Samsun tablet. I just can't file messages.

I'm not sure this is a hack. I think it's a problem with Microsoft being over cautious. Any help out there?
parlante74 5 Posts Wednesday May 28, 2014Registration date May 28, 2014 Last seen - May 28, 2014 at 07:18 PM
Thank you
But that's my problem, the other e mails I don't have access to....I retired from the company and those were my other contacts. Waiting 30 days does nothing.
just stopin in - Mar 8, 2015 at 01:23 AM
Thank you
I figured it out!!! I had the same problem with that stupid have to verify crap, then you have to wait thirty days, there's just one catch, if you used the other e-mail alot you might have to change and few things, or add all the addresses from the old to the new or just wait.....BUT, all you gotta do is open a whole new outlook account, set all that up, put your phone number and verify it while your setting the new one up!!!, and alias email, and put and alternate security e-mail on it, basically a brand new outlook e-mail, then you take your finger and sweep out the bar on the side of your screen and hit settings, then hit the change PC settings at the bottom, go into Accounts and then go into your account, then under the e-mail that your using, hit disconnect, follow the directions in setting up the ""local account""" it will have you log into what they call a local account, DO IT!!!!! write down all that and that password and everything because that's how you will be signing into your computer now,!! After you set that up, you'll have to sign into your computer using that new local account and new password, NOW you basically do the same thing, sweep the side, go into settings, again go into change PC settings and then reconnect and add that whole new outlook account to your account, reconnect and follow the directions, NOTE during this process if I can remember right, they will ask you if you would like to turn on or off the FILECLOUD crap, this is how you can turn off the file cloud and disconnect it or connect it, and use it, ether way, After I reconnected the whole new outlook e-mail, and verified it BEFORE reconnected the new outlook e-mail to the computer account, I realized that the Verification was not even there. I think the catch is when I was setting up the new outlook account/e-mail, they had me verify it right their will my phone number that I put on the account, so when I went back and disconnected the old e-mail outlook account, signed in on the local account, then went back and reconnected the new outlook e-mail account the """need to verify""" choice wasn't even their!!! I might have missed a few liittle steps or it might not be that detailed for ya, but thats basically what I did, I was able to turn off all the filecloud crap and even didnt have to verify my account when I was done. Did my best to help yall out! best to ya, -V / galaxy
Hi,
I've updated to Windows 10. No chance of getting into Hotmail or Outlook (which incidentally it's been changed to). Got onto "Which" switchboard. Girl there very helpful, told me that everyone who has downloaded onto Windows 10 is having a "MARE" of a time accessing emails, freezing, glitching and not responding to copying. She told me about the Witch website for Windows 10 and how to get back to your previous Windows....unfortunately I've been stuck with this system for over 30 days so I'm stuck with it. Seems Microsoft is using us as "Guinea Pigs", trying out a system which unreservedly has not been perfected!! I'm really sick of it Good luck everyone....Respond dually!!.
Ambucias 52600 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus June 21, 2018 Last seen - Mar 2, 2014 at 04:30 PM
Thank you
Hi

Hotmail never responds that way.

I believe that your account has been hacked.

Hotmail has now been replaced by Outlook so Hotmail is now Outlook and your Hotmail account should work in Outlook.

See if this page will help you recover your account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/outlook/hacked-account

Also, I suspect that your computer is not safe against intrusions.

Ambucias
Virus/Security Contributor
tigerlillies14 9 Posts Saturday March 1, 2014Registration date March 10, 2014 Last seen - Mar 4, 2014 at 05:47 PM
Thank you
Yes, it is now outlook though, I still call it hotmail. It is the same outlook or hotmail to me. Outlook has been blocked. I do not feel it has been hacked, somehow.

I have been to your link before and have reset password but it is asking for a security code, which I never received.
This is what I keep getting:

Did you request a security info change?
Someone with the email address of "......@.....com started a process to change the password or security info for this Microsoft account, and it will be available again on 30/3/2014.
If you made this change, choose "Yes, this was me" and we'll help you get back in to your account.
If you didn't make this change, choose "No, this wasn't me" to cancel the request.
Yes, this was me
No, this wasn't me

As I never asked for this, I clicked on No, this wasn't me, then it ask for security code, which I do not have. If I click "Yes, this was me". then it states it will help me to get back, but becomes a vicious circle as it again states I have to wait until 30/2/2014 to get security info. I am not sure they will send any information on 30/03/2014.
I have many contacts in my email that I need to contact urgently. I need my email information to follow up the previous emails. Awaiting responses from many of my contacts. All my contacts were saved there and was able to send emails without much thought. Outlook made it very easy for me not to remember my contacts.

If it is hacked, does this mean someone has got control and are using it?

Who do I contact at Microsoft to get my Hotmail returned to me now rather than 30/03/2014. I do not feel I shall get it back on that date.
This is very frustrating for me.
Please help if anyone can do so.
Thanks for the help!!
tigerlillies14 - May 28, 2014 at 12:03 PM
Thank you
Yes, after 30 days, you get an email at your alternative email address prompting you to change password etc.
Before 30 days, it will not allow you to access your hotmail account at all.
needananswer - Jun 17, 2014 at 12:19 PM
Thank you
i have the same problem, but I just moved from country to country and is not opening. did anyone find a solution?
ac3mark 9588 Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration dateModeratorStatus June 21, 2018 Last seen - Jun 17, 2014 at 03:45 PM
Yes, they all got an answer, after 30 days.
That is totally stupid to have to wait 30 days when my alternate email address is no longer valid. Microsoft needs to fix this issue pronto.
Ambucias 52600 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus June 21, 2018 Last seen - Jul 16, 2014 at 05:12 PM
@bbb

You tell them, pronto!
tigerlillies14 - Jul 19, 2014 at 06:21 AM
Thank you
Microsoft do not think this as a pressing issue, as they do not get income from it. They have this automatic service set up to suspend the account for 30 days. I do not believe in each case it is hacked account, but they have deemed it as such. Thus the automatic 30 days suspension of an account. You can contact them directly. They will get you automatic response to say, you can set up another password, and once you do, you will go through the same process and get a message, that it will take 30 days. I have tried on numerous occasion with the same outcome.
On 30th day, you receive a message in your alternative email (if you do not have one, to set it up and provide it to them now), asking you reset your password and follow the instructions.
There is no alternative, having tried everything, myself.
tigerlillies14 - Jul 19, 2014 at 06:23 AM
Thank you
I agree,
Microsoft do not think this as a pressing issue, as they do not get income from it. They have this automatic service set up to suspend the account for 30 days. I do not believe in each case it is hacked account, but they have deemed it as such. Thus the automatic 30 days suspension of an account. You can contact them directly. They will get you automatic response to say, you can set up another password, and once you do, you will go through the same process and get a message, that it will take 30 days. I have tried on numerous occasion with the same outcome.
On 30th day, you receive a message in your alternative email (if you do not have one, to set it up and provide it to them now), asking you reset your password and follow the instructions.
There is no alternative, having tried everything, myself.
csherwood71 - Jul 21, 2014 at 06:28 PM
Thank you
This just seems to be a complete load of BS. My wifes hotmail account has been down now for 2 months. She has done everything that Microsoft has wanted her to do and has not received a code. I tried to help her change it by giving my account and now hers has been frozen for another month. We are on Windows 8 and looking for help. Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?
Thank you
I have the same issue, but I was already signed in on my smartphone. There it works fine.
ac3mark 9588 Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration dateModeratorStatus June 21, 2018 Last seen - Aug 1, 2014 at 07:18 PM
If everyone notices, the networks are different, so therefore, looks like being hacked by a machine. Let us all take a moment to think about it!

Thank you , YO!

YO, gets the USER of the MONTH, and it is only the first!
I agree with these comments.
Someone or a big brother company is controlling my hotmail..I am blocked from accessing it now on my iPad a few hours since finding it blocked on my desk top pc.

This group or person deserves to be caught out.. Hopefully Microsoft is working on identifying the hacker ..yes a class action against the origin when exposed must be the only way..
It's MS's way to push people into getting their smart phones by randomly blocking addresses to make it look like machine failure like how stuff from China constantly breaks down to make you buy new crap so you'll buy their Windows Phone machines.

They tried Windows 8.0 to make their phone products popular and not only did it not work but caused such a huge backlashed stores stopped selling Windows 8 unless you bought a new laptop with it installed.

Windows 10 didn't get rid of the Metro Interface for nothing despite people's protests against the idea and I bet MS is blocking people in particular who hate the Metro Interface.

My hot mail account is blocked too and I have to use a fake email or my comments on sites WON'T even post.
how could you get access through your smart phone,i tried and it didnt work.can you help me please?
kuroodetto 3 Posts Sunday August 17, 2014Registration date August 17, 2014 Last seen - Aug 17, 2014 at 08:11 AM
Thank you
I know how frustrating this is. I've just spend 60 mins trying to fix my friend's hotmail account and my mother's (who is 60+). The main problem these people had was someone was trying to hack into their hotmail account so their hotmail account was suspended by Microsoft. Because these people hadn't set up their security settings. eg. secondary email address, contact phone number, name of first pet etc. It's been rather difficult to get back into their accounts because they can't verify who they are.

With my mother's account, she had an alternative email address but it's no longer in use so the code will be sent to that email address. There is no option to allow the security code to be sent to another email address instead. However in saying this, with my friend's account she had that option. My friend has been going around in circles, entering an alternative email address, changing the password, then getting a code only to have to do this all again.

If anyone does eventually get back into their hotmail account. I would suggest big time to update all your security settings so you don't have to go through this ring-ma-role again. Surely Microsoft could've made a simpler system like they did in the old days.
Microsoft and simplicity doesn't exist. I think smart phones are throwing all the major companies in for a loop not knowing how to program for both desktop and phones.

Windows X Pee and Nintey Eight SE were both good examples how how a clean interface should be with minimum bloat ware.
AbqFrustrated - Dec 13, 2014 at 06:00 PM
Thank you
I'm running into the same BS - have't been able to access my full account in 6 months. Got another phone, got a new code, account chat guy says wait another month, and says I've been doing it wrong even tho I've been following the instructions each time. I also keep getting emails after I've filed out the form (again) saying that my account is now verified, and it's not true as I cannot access aliases and passwords, but I never get the emails to the alternate email saying it's actually done after the 30 days, so later I'm back to square one again. No biggie until one of my laptops with the pw in it got stolen lately, then I had to scream at MS in chat for hours to just get a password reset. No telling how much of my data was compromised while MS was raking me over the coals even tho I have all the account info, security questions, everything. Banks don't do this to you - I think it's all data-mining by MS for the NSA or something. My account was started with a fake name and a pw and that's all I wanted. Now it's all official, they have everything about me, and there's no privacy at all. Thanks, MS!
Thank you
ok guys what is happening is microsoft have linked your ip to there new security and seeing as most isp's use dynamic ip addressing when the default dynamic ip address time runs out it is refreshed with a new one.Microsofts security sees a different ip so assumes it is a different location the account holder is trying to log in from.
Ambucias 52600 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus June 21, 2018 Last seen - Mar 5, 2014 at 07:41 AM
Thank you
Dear Tiger,

You will agree that before this issue happened your account was working fine. So what happened in between? Your account was hacked!

You must believe what I say or I am wasting my time. Time is short and fast running I detest losing any.

Outlook and Hotmail have millions of accounts hence they can't afford to give a personalized service, therefore, everything is automated hence nobody to contact.

To reset your password, a code is sent to you to your alternate e-mail or mobile phone. If you have not registered an alternate, your goose is cooked.

Regards
tigerlillies14 9 Posts Saturday March 1, 2014Registration date March 10, 2014 Last seen - Mar 5, 2014 at 04:48 PM
I have antivirus so do not feel it is hacked in MS laptop. There is more important information on my computer such as bank details etc, if the computer was hacked, they (bank details) would be suffering.
My hotmail is only important to me and not others, I would think.

When I reset my password, it asks for recovery of code, which will be sent on 30/3/14 (so the message states). The website says that it takes this long to ensure that the hackers are kept at bay for long enough and I need to be patient, even if I find it frustrating.
I have an alternative email, which gets a link for resetting password, but it does not provide the security code to me. My other laptop is Apple. This does not need an antivirus.

I just need to get back my outlook (hotmail) account returned to me and need to know how.
If you think it is hacked then, how do I still get it back from the hackers?
Ambucias 52600 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus June 21, 2018 Last seen - Mar 5, 2014 at 05:09 PM
Thank you
Hackers do not go through you computer to hack accounts but through the Hotmail servers.

So you have decided doubt me and not believe me. I guess that you will need to wait for someone else to help you.

I bet you a dime to a doughnut that, on March 30th nothing will happen.

Good luck anyway

Ambucias
Moderator, Virus & Security Contributor

P.S. Most people who had their computer infected or hacked also had an antivirus and a firewall. There are now known viruses which can infect apple computers.
tigerlillies14 9 Posts Saturday March 1, 2014Registration date March 10, 2014 Last seen - Mar 9, 2014 at 07:40 PM
I am using internet explorer version 11 on windows and safari on apple.
I have been able to reset my password yet again, asks me for security code which is sent to my alternative email. However, when this security code is entered, it says it is incorrect and it is not.
Ambucias 52600 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus June 21, 2018 Last seen - Mar 10, 2014 at 06:37 AM
On IE click on tool, internet options

Security, click on delete Navigation history
tigerlillies14 9 Posts Saturday March 1, 2014Registration date March 10, 2014 Last seen - Mar 10, 2014 at 06:51 AM
I do not have delete Navigation history under Security tab.

I have "delete browsing history on exit" under General tab.
Ambucias 52600 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus June 21, 2018 Last seen - Mar 10, 2014 at 06:56 AM
Now see if your code works remembering that it's case sensitive (upper case as oppose to lower case)
yes this happened to me too and I will wait 30 days to get the code , just wait
Thank you
This is driving me crazy! My account had apparently been hacked therefore I was given the option to receive a verification code through my mobile or answer the security question. I never answer security questions seriously as I feel it just gives people an opportunity to geuss it, therefore I can't remember it. As for my phone number, I have changed phones since opening my account like 10 years ago and there is no option to change it. The next phase is the automated questionnaire which I have failed several times! I do not have billing information for Xbox or send many emails. The only way I see round this is to actually go down and change my number back to my old one of one 5 years previous! I ace important personal infirmation in that account that I need access to. What a joke!