Re: Ambucias - Unlock my Iphone

Closed
HAMZYZY Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday June 17, 2014 Status Member Last seen June 18, 2014 - Jun 17, 2014 at 07:13 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jun 19, 2014 at 04:25 AM
Hello,

Ambucias thanks for the response... The phone was sent to me by my brother who lives in Canada and apparently he bought the phone on amazon but didn't know it was unlocked.

The phone is locked to Telus and i have also contacted Telus and they said i must be a resident of canada before it can be unlocked by them. please kindly assist as i have also contacted apple and still no better solution. i can assure u this is not a stolen phone as i have my integrity intact and i work in a bank.

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Jun 17, 2014 at 04:55 PM
Hi

It's a very bad mistake to buy a phone through Internet, as most often you come across issues like you are facing.

What happened is Telus sold the phone locked because it is sponsored by Telus. They paid a large part of the price of the phone and to protect their investment they are preventing the use of the phone on another network. This is standard practice for obvious economic reasons.

For Telus to unlock it, you need to be a Telus customer.

Apple sells phones, they never unlock them if they were purchased by a service provider.

Just to give an example, a friend of mine, two weeks ago purchased an Android Samsung Galaxy with four cores very cheap at the service provider's service counter. Do you think the service provider after investing in the phone would let my friend switch service provider?

I suggest you return the phone to your brother. The other way is to have the phone flashed but you may lose most of the things that are on it and it could cost you a little fortune.

Sorry but that's the way the cookie crumbles.
HAMZYZY Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday June 17, 2014 Status Member Last seen June 18, 2014
Jun 18, 2014 at 08:48 AM
Hi Ambucias,

Thanks for your response i wish i knew about all this earlier as i have lost money on the phone also and this hurts....i think the only option i have is to flash the phone so i can still make use of the phone( use my local network sim) but would loose all my data.

kindly put me through on the process of flashing the phone or ways in which you can assist me. would really appreciate this.

Thanks for all as i anticipate a favorable reply from u.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Jun 19, 2014 at 04:25 AM
To have the phone flashed, you must have proof of ownership which I don't think you have.

Sorry