HyperV vs Wmware

Closed
VeasnaYim Posts 180 Registration date Tuesday June 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2015 - Jul 9, 2014 at 04:19 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jul 10, 2014 at 01:57 PM
Dear All,
Could you wipe out my doubts about by please answers me the following questions?
1-What is HyperV? What is it using for?
2-What is Wmware? what is using for?
3-Which one is better?
5-What is advantage of these program?

I heard that the both things are the same purpose.. but i am not so clear...
Best regards,

5 responses

Blocked Profile
Jul 10, 2014 at 09:21 AM
They both good be great! I am certain that one is a windows virtual machine, and the other is a linux/ubuntu, so you really cannot compare apples to oranges.

By the way, the software allows for machine virtualization!
VeasnaYim Posts 180 Registration date Tuesday June 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2015 8
Jul 10, 2014 at 09:44 AM
Thanks so much for great explaining.
One more thing, before if the company need one or more servers or database server... the company always spend more budget to buy more server to run more tasks, but now, the company always use HyperV or Vmware to creat Vitual server on physical server...and they are save alot of money, eletctric, space..etc..

Is that correct or no?
If it is correct, will Vitual server can hold the task with secure like the physical servers?

Thanks
Blocked Profile
Jul 10, 2014 at 10:54 AM
Yes, that is how we did it at BS&S. We would use virtual terminal servers for our ipads to connect to the back office.
VeasnaYim Posts 180 Registration date Tuesday June 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2015 8
Jul 10, 2014 at 11:12 AM
Thanks in advanced now i get more understanding , what is advantage of Virtual Machine!
Best Regards,

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Blocked Profile
Jul 10, 2014 at 01:57 PM
Well, considering for each watt of PROCESSING power, it takes a WATT AND A HALF to cool it. The facilities gain a huge advantage of less EQUIPMENT to keep cool. Lowering the capital cost for new projects, as Cooling equipment needed is not as big in capacity. And they gain in operation cost as the ongoing expense of cooling is lowered.