Using a different "From:" email address

Closed
Plastic_Cup_of_Stars Posts 6 Registration date Saturday March 29, 2014 Status Member Last seen July 12, 2014 - Jul 11, 2014 at 02:05 AM
Plastic_Cup_of_Stars Posts 6 Registration date Saturday March 29, 2014 Status Member Last seen July 12, 2014 - Jul 12, 2014 at 02:05 AM
Hello,

I have a Hotmail account that I use for my primary email address (myaccount@hotmail.com).

I recently began doing parttime work for my friend's online store. She assigned me a shop domain email address, but I think it's not a "real" email account--just a redirect. She gave me (employee@shopname.com). It was set up to redirect to (myaccount@hotmail.com).

Everything is working correctly with the redirect. Here's the issue I'm having--she wants me to use my (employee@shopname.com) when I am sending email on behalf of her store.

Since (employee@shopname.com) isn't a "real" email address, I can't add it to my Outlook. That wouldn't be so much of a problem, except that she complains is when I initiate emails to clients AND when I reply to emails that people send to my (employee@shopname.com) email, the "From:" box lists my (myaccount@hotmail.com) address. She wants all of my emails to look like they came from (employee@shopname.com).

Is there anyway to change this setting via Outlook? How do I make it look like all my emails come from the (employee@shopname.com) email address?

Thanks, in advance, for any help.

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jul 11, 2014 at 02:53 AM
Try to login in the shop's website and from there send the message.

You don't need to know that! MyHelpster solves, answers and explains everything around MS Office.
url deleted by a Moderator
Plastic_Cup_of_Stars Posts 6 Registration date Saturday March 29, 2014 Status Member Last seen July 12, 2014
Jul 12, 2014 at 02:05 AM
There are no provisions to send an email from the shop's website.

My boss is able to send messages from her shop account because hers is an actual email account, and not a redirect. They can switch mine to an actual account, but I have a ton of subfolders and historic emails, and I would not be able to move those emails without forwarding them individually. There's no way I would have time for that.