Still cant fix it

Closed
lushestgranny Posts 3 Registration date Thursday September 18, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 25, 2014 - Sep 25, 2014 at 02:15 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Sep 25, 2014 at 03:26 PM
Hello,

this is lushestgranny again.i just wanted to add that I am unable to down load.my pc will not let me download.or pull up my programs,and when I try to open internet connections two unknown apps appear.i think those are the viruses.i"ve tried to delete them but they wont go.look yall im sorry I don't use proper English and I don't spell to good.im from the south (way back in mountains of tenn,and n.c.)so please bear with me and thanks for all the advice you give. . . .also I cant get internet explorer at all. . .I hope someone went through this and came out of it ok and can help me out;i need my computer cause im unable to get out much .im handicapped and I have a hard time getting around. . . .thanks for all advice...lushestgranny. . .

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Sep 25, 2014 at 03:26 PM
Without access to a second computer it's going to be impossible to download any diagnostic tools. Perhaps it's time to get those grand kids involved. My best guess is you have a problem with a 'browser helper" malware infection. This malware probably installed those "apps" in your browser. The trick is to find all the junk and delete it. A couple of free programs might be download on another computer and copied to a flash drive.

Try Malwarebytes

But, Uncheck the premium version offer to get the free version.

And then use AdwCleaner

(use Google to find a download location for the above programs)

try to install the Chrome or Firefox browsers.

as a last resort Uninstall and reinstall your browser.

If all else fails you might want to buy a Chromebook laptop. For $200 to $300 you get a new PC that doesn't run Windows and probably will never get infected with a virus or malware. The Chromebook uses a modified version of Android.

If you just want to read email and surf the Web then you might also look into an Android tablet. The Kindle Fire HD 8.9 is very nice if your eyesight is still good and you can see a 8.9 inch screen. Check it out on Amazon.

Good luck