Doesn't work for me

Closed
chris - Mar 14, 2009 at 01:15 PM
brakers Posts 117 Registration date Sunday August 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 29, 2009 - Mar 15, 2009 at 02:30 PM
Hello,
Did not work for me. I think I have a virus and keep "cleaning it" with Adaware and can't get on the internet long enough to dowload some permanent anti-virus. What happens now is that i open the internet explorer and windows start popping up at and increasingly fast pace. I have to shut down to stop them...no CTLAltDel, just hitting the off button. ANy ideas? This is an HP Paviliondv 1000

6 responses

brakers Posts 117 Registration date Sunday August 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 29, 2009 40
Mar 14, 2009 at 01:25 PM
Hi There How have you typed this message if you cannot get on the internet.??
Have you got the windows CD
Regards Tony B.
different computer :-)
looking for windows cd right now
I have the OS reinstallation cd for Windows XP...is thatwhat you mean?
brakers Posts 117 Registration date Sunday August 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 29, 2009 40
Mar 14, 2009 at 02:46 PM
Hi Chris yes that is what I mean the OS CD.
First Things first why cant you download an antivirus program on the pc you are messaging from.

By the way is the infected computer a PC or a Laptop and what is the PC you are messaging on.
You didn't say what IE you are using if you are using IE7 there is a link to download it.

You could download it on the working PC and re-install it on your PC

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/internet-explorer-help-23360e49-9cd3-4dda-ba52-705336cc0de2?ui=en-US&rs=en-001&ad=US

Or do the same if using IE6
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/internet-explorer-help-23360e49-9cd3-4dda-ba52-705336cc0de2?ui=en-US&rs=en-001&ad=US

I think a better way would be to download FireFox "with a fresh install of Fire fox it will not be infected by the virus" and get your antivirus straight to the infected computer that way you can download the antivirus definition updates before doing a scan.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/

Again you will have to do the downloading on the other computer and transfer the files over.

I'm sorry I have to go out in half an hour so I will help you further tomorrow if your problem is not resolved.
Let me know how you get on.

Kindest Regards Tony B.
Sorry, I've been out. Both computers are laptops. The PC I am using right now is a DELL LAtitude D630. The infected laptop is an HP Pavilion dv1000. I have now installed Firefox. My keyboard has been disabled and I think it may be related to the virus as I did the battery removal exercise and it did not solve the issue. Any thoughts?
Mar 15, 2009 at 05:52 AM
Hi Chris
I have been looking on the HP site can you give me more Info on your laptop when I do a search on HP site it comes up with 79 variants and I can't tell which one is yours to get the manual on it. HP Pavilion dv1000 is not enough. perhaps it would be better if you looked on the site and picked the correct one then hopefully we can move on more quickly.

Kindest Regards Tony B.
HP Pavilion dv1000 Notebook PC is the correct choice
when I just now turned on the computer again, it gives me an error box that says "Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\sibimemo.dll " any ideas on that?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Mar 15, 2009 at 02:19 PM
HI Chris
Info on that DLL

The filename is associated with the malware group:
File Behavior

IBIMEMO.DLL has been seen to perform the following behavior:

* The Process is packed and/or encrypted using a software packing process

SIBIMEMO.DLL has been the subject of the following behavior:

Country Of Orign
The filename SIBIMEMO.DLL was first seen on Jan 20 2009 in the following geographical region of the Prevx community: Spain

SIBIMEMO.DLL can also use the following file name:

* 72153889.SVD
Be with you soon
Regards Tony B
Mar 15, 2009 at 02:30 PM
Hi chris First thing first download Trojan Killer and do a scan and see what it comes up with. I'm going to recoment more programs as we go along they are all free, the link to trojan killer is below let me know if it finds anything.

https://download.cnet.com/s/trojan-killer/

Regards Tony B