Network drives

Closed
manjit3088 Posts 1 Registration date Friday April 10, 2015 Status Member Last seen April 10, 2015 - Apr 10, 2015 at 08:54 AM
Nadimsap Posts 4 Registration date Friday October 16, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2015 - Oct 19, 2015 at 12:49 PM
hi,
i had 2 win xp pc,one is have share drives and other one is connected is the share drives.i upgrade the second one with window 7 but now when i try to connect with those share drives,they ask me for user name and password.i dnt have any idea about that.can please someone sort out this issue.both pc's must be communicate otherwise my company will get big trouble...thanks...i just want to connect my win 7 pc with win xp share drives.

1 response

Nadimsap Posts 4 Registration date Friday October 16, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2015
Oct 19, 2015 at 12:49 PM
Asign IP of same class for all &same subnet
and create a shared folder.

100% Guarantee!!! from nadimsap ;)

Please try one by one bellow:

DO NOT use Home Network, use Work Network in network & sharing center

Try using SAME USER NAME & SAME PASSWORD for each PC

CHECK both PC's DATE&TIME are same,

DOMAIN/WORKGROUP name are same,
Using "DHCP" or "IP Subnet Same",

use RUN>cmd>ipconfig /all in each pc to know if u r using the same block IP
if using DHCP, try RUN>cmd>ipconfig /renew and RUN>cmd>ipconfig /flushdns

Check Service is Enabled for IP helper & TCP NetBios,

try Advance Sharing Settings=>File Sharing Connections : Encryption to 40 or 56 bit
Firewall: ONLY Windows Firewall
Network Discovery: ON

Try using SAME USER NAME & SAME PASSWORD in each PC and add that user name in folder sharing &Security.

Firewall use Open Port for : UDP 3702 *TCP 5357 *TCP 5358 *UDP 137 *UDP 138 *TCP 139 *UDP 1900 *TCP 2869

Change IRPStackSize: use RUN>Regedit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters

In the right pane, double-click the IRPStackSize value.

NOTE: If the IRPStackSize value does not already exist, use the following procedure to create it:
In the Parameters folder of the registry, right-click the right pane.
Point to New, and then click DWord Value.
Type IRPStackSize.

IMPORTANT: Type "IRPStackSize" exactly as it is displayed because the value name is case-sensitive.
Change the Base to decimal.
In the Value Data box, type a value that is larger than the value that is listed.

If you created the IRPStackSize value using the procedure described in step 4, the default value is 15. It is recommended that you increase the value by 3. Therefore, if the previous value was 11, type 14, and then click OK.
Close the Registry Editor.
Restart the PC