i am getting the following error message when I open the pdffile
"Adobe Reader could not open 'xxxx.pdf' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as email Attachement and was not correctly decoded) "
1. Right click on any PDF document -> Get Info
2. Click on Open with entry on the get info dialog
3. In the Application dropdown locate to your installed copy of Acrobat and select Acrobat application
4. Once you have selected Acrobat click the "Change All button below the drop down"
5. Click Continue on the user confirmation dialog
6. Quit the Get Info window
Wide information about ways to recover pdf file..