If then formula with date

Closed
Jyoungblood Posts 1 Registration date Thursday 18 June 2015 Status Member Last seen 18 June 2015 - 18 Jun 2015 à 09:55
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday 12 September 2010 Status Contributor Last seen 27 December 2022 - 23 Jun 2015 à 10:59
I have a spreadsheet that is tracking when a task is completed in Column C and then generating the next due by date in the next row column A so you know when the next task is due. I would like the Column A cell to remain blank until Column C has been filled in. So if you complete something in C5, it should generate a next due date in A6 telling me when the next task is due, otherwise it should stay blank. Thanks!

3 responses

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday 12 September 2010 Status Contributor Last seen 27 December 2022 555
22 Jun 2015 à 11:05
Hi Jyoungblood,

How would Excel know what the next due date is?

Formula in A6 would be something like:
=IF(C5<>"","Next due date","")

Best regards,
Trowa
Jjyoungblood
22 Jun 2015 à 13:41
Still not quite there. If c5 is blank, I want a6 to remain blank. If c5 has a date in it, I want a6 to add 3 days to c5 and then place that date in a6. Thanks
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday 12 September 2010 Status Contributor Last seen 27 December 2022 555
23 Jun 2015 à 10:59
Hi Jyoungblood,

Of course we are not there yet! Because you didn't provide all the info. I can't read minds you know!

Formula in A6 will now be:
=IF(C5<>"",C5+3,"")

Best regards,
Trowa