Help with removal

Closed
Cheche - Mar 28, 2009 at 11:38 PM
 noni - Mar 30, 2009 at 12:01 AM
Hello,
I have this program on my computer that call Ultimate Computer protection SystemProtector. I cant get it off my computer I had already purchase Norton,I think the kids downloaded it by mistake,I cant get it off it keep telling me to purchase it and that I have all kinds of virus and it want let me open Norton it want let me system restore. can someone tell me how to remove please
Related:

2 responses

merrypc Posts 12 Registration date Saturday January 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 15, 2009 14
Mar 29, 2009 at 08:06 AM
hi,
check if you can find it in Add/Remove programs in the control panel.
if it is there, it will be easy to get rid of it.
if it is not there, then try to go in the windows > system32 folder .
it should be there.
make sure you are in the administrator account, you may just delete the software from there.
Add/Remove utility wont remove it because this program called ULITMATE COMPUTER SECURITY is a rogue spyware that appears as fake ANTIVIRUS / SECURITY PROGRAM. it is a virus itself.this rogue spyware appears with diffrent aliases, i.e ANTIVIRUS 2009, ULTIMATE ANTIVIRUS, ANTIVIRUS XP, ANTIVIRUS 360 etc. to remove this fake program from your pc, you should run an anti spyware instead of antivirus like AVG. or use manuall removal guide to remove it without using any antivirus or other program. http://www.darfuns.com/fake-antivirus-2009-removal/