Canon ir 1133

Closed
sandsco Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday September 9, 2015 Status Member Last seen September 9, 2015 - Sep 9, 2015 at 07:28 PM
 Blocked Profile - Sep 9, 2015 at 07:42 PM
Please can somebody help me with how to password protect my printer (canon ir 1133ufrii lt) thanks
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 9, 2015 at 07:31 PM
Protect it against what? Your desktop login should already do that. Let us know what type of situation you are in!
sandsco Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday September 9, 2015 Status Member Last seen September 9, 2015
Sep 9, 2015 at 07:37 PM
Thanks buddy, explaining further... with my printer anybody with the printer's drivers can print from it, i want to avoid this, so that the printer itself will be protected from other users
Blocked Profile
Sep 9, 2015 at 07:40 PM
Your printer is already from the store a USB device. There is NOTHING you can do to prevent this normal operation. The only thing you can do is PHYSICALLY secure all cables that connect to it. With that being said, I can buy a cable and make my own connection into it. Take out the printer cartridges when you are not there! Physically secure it! The funny thing is, then you will be able to print out all the JUNK for the other users who think they have printed to it.

I have said it once, I will say it again. IT!
Blocked Profile
Sep 9, 2015 at 07:42 PM
I have taken this situation in face value, and please DO NOT ever complete these instructions if THE HARDWARE IS NOT YOURS!