PC Shut Down Automatically & Restart Automatically

Closed
Shuvo - Jan 12, 2016 at 12:44 PM
ctree42 Posts 23 Registration date Wednesday January 13, 2016 Status Contributor Last seen June 1, 2017 - Jan 13, 2016 at 11:16 AM
Hi There

I have been facing an irritating problem with my PC. Here is the configuration of my pc

Processor: Intel Pentium Dual 2 GHZ
RAM: 2 GB
32 Bit operating system windows 7 Starter

Problem: After I open my PC after 1 or2 mins it shut down automatically.Then It restarts and after 3 or 5 minutes It again automatically shut down.

BUT

Once shut down automatically,If I switch off main power supply button to pc (Without giving it restarting opportunity) and then start the computer again manually It doesnt shut down automatically anymore and I could use the PC as many hours as I want. But next session of starting PC same thing repeats.

I already have changed my motherboard and hard disk twice but nothing is solving the problem.

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards
Related:

1 response

ctree42 Posts 23 Registration date Wednesday January 13, 2016 Status Contributor Last seen June 1, 2017
Jan 13, 2016 at 11:16 AM
Whether your computer is just powering off or restarting on you, it could be many different things.

It could possibly be your fan that cools the board is not adjusted properly causing a surge of heat on the board, forcing a shutdown/restart.

If their is no problem with the fan, I would check your power supply, make sure all of the connections are in properly. If you have another computer, I would test that power supply on their to see if you are getting the same problem.

Try replacing the power supply (use one from another computer).

Unplug and reconnect everything on your board (including battery), make sure no wires are broken or look damaged. Make sure everything is seated properly and wires are in good condition.

Hope this helps.