My headphones don't work with my PC?

Closed
CrustySlime Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday March 1, 2016 Status Member Last seen March 1, 2016 - Mar 1, 2016 at 12:22 AM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Mar 1, 2016 at 12:53 AM
When I first built my pc it was running perfectly! I had a audio driver in my windows 8 and I can use earbuds, headphones, etc. But I had some viruses downloading minecraft from "minecraft.com" by accident rather than "minecraft.net"
So I reset my pc fully and when it was finished. I didn't have my audio driver. I tried reseting again but still couldn't find it anymore. Without it I can't use my earbuds or my headphones. Does anyone know how to get this audio driver back?
Related:

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Mar 1, 2016 at 12:53 AM
Hi CrustySlime,

You need to know the make and model of your sound card, or motherboard, or machine model and make (but you built this so make and model doesnt apply here) before we can help with this one.

Also when you first got the hardware there should have been a DVD with the drivers on it. Do you still have it?

We also need to know what operating systen you have.

I really appreciate thank you messages as a payment for solving issues   :o)