Experiencing packet loss on wifi

Closed
nashimo Posts 3 Registration date Sunday November 3, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 23, 2016 - Jun 23, 2016 at 06:43 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jun 26, 2016 at 11:43 AM
Hello
My computer was working just fine but recently, I can't use wifi. the ethernet connection works just fine but wifi connection is just tooo slow. I tried pinging the default gateway, and it shows a huge packet loss (around 73%) I tried with different wifis without results. Im using windows 8.1 on a samsung r522.
what to do please?
thanks in advance
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jun 23, 2016 at 06:59 PM
If you have sudden degrading of service, may indicate more users than expected. How many connections are there? Log into the log and see.

Change the wifi password, and see if that makes a difference. If it does, then you might have had unwanted guest's utilizing your service!
nashimo Posts 3 Registration date Sunday November 3, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 23, 2016
Jun 23, 2016 at 11:07 PM
Hi
I tried changing it but it still doesn't work. I connected to other wifis to ensure that the problem doesn't lie in the wifi.
Blocked Profile
Jun 26, 2016 at 11:43 AM
If you can't change your own password, I am sorry but I won't be able to continue to assist you, as this is number one pre-requisite to troubleshooting the problem you are experiencing [IMHO]. Sorry I couldn't help. Maybe others within the community could maybe think of possible ways to troubleshoot the problem without being the administrator.